2010 LR4 Air Conditioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speed1972

Reaction score
Has anyone got yearly issues with their AC on the 2010 LR4? I have had my LR4 3 years now and each year it just stops working. Costly replacement for compressor, parts etc...each time....even Dealer had all the dash removed to check system which scared the crap out of me....am now thinking this is the Dealer who is not experienced enough (turnover of skilled staff) or perhaps is there a fault in LR parts?

Am interested to know if similar experience for 2010 model out there...mine is very low mileage at 47k KMS and just about out of warranty.

Thank you!

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although mine is a 2013 model, we are well into our 2nd summer here in Doha Qatar (middle east) with the truck and with daily temperatures over 120F, my AC seems to work just fine.

I would question the quality of the dealer's repair work.

*knock on wood*

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although mine is a 2013 model, we are well into our 2nd summer here in Doha Qatar (middle east) with the truck and with daily temperatures over 120F, my AC seems to work just fine.

I would question the quality of the dealer's repair work.

*knock on wood*

if that's not a fantastic test of A/C, i dont know what is... wow.

I assume you add UV blocking tint to all the glass?

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, quality tinting is a must. The best stuff around here is V-Kool.

http://v-kool-usa.com/automotive-tint/

It is a bit pricier, but worth every penny. They usually have an infrared heat lamp set up as a demo in a showroom and have a single pane of glass that has half tinted (with 100% clear film, mind you) and the other untreated. When you turn the lamp on through the untreated, you can feel quite a lot of heat radiating through the glass on your skin. When you slide the treated side in front it is night and day difference.

The only downside is that it is so good at blocking these particles, it actually seems to block GPS signals into the car. The Land Rover Navigation works just fine (external antenna and all) but if I try and use Google Maps on my phone, I get dropped signals all the time.

It is kind of silly really, but as soon as you roll down the driver and passenger side window the signal pops right back 100%. Needless to say, it's pretty amazing material!

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The a/c in my '10 lr4 takes some time to cool off at times. I am not sure if this is normal. Did they ever figure out what your issue was? I noticed a new TSB regarding Lack of Cooling from Air conditioning SSM67637.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not a TSB, it's a Special Service Message. Posting it for reference.

Reference SSM67637
Models LR4 / L319, LR3 / L319, Range Rover / L322, Range Rover Sport / L320
Title Lack of Cooling From Air Conditioning
Category Electrical
Last modified 26-Aug-2014 00:00:00
Symptom 208000 Climate Control

Content

Issue:
Land Rover engineering have been monitoring reports for lack of cooling from the air conditioning system on higher time in service vehicles, where insufficient performance of the air conditioning compressor has been found to be the root cause of the issue. Compressor Part No. LR010723 & LR013934

Action:
The compressor supplier in conjunction with Land Rover engineering have made improvements to the compressors to improve their service life and reliability, and two improved compressors have been supplied to parts operations
LR010723 Supersedes to LR056364
LR013934 Supersedes to LR056365
Please ensure that the later part number is fitted to any vehicle that is suffering from lack of compressor performance.

We would like to thank everyone who contributed to this investigation by submitting EPQR's and returning parts.

Please only submit further EPQR's for lack of compressor performance if it is a failure of the new level part, a later supersession of the new level part, or a new compressor fitted post 1st November 2013

samcarloso

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Umberto for making that clear, I don't have full access on Topix site.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV