OEM 2nd row rubber mats for MY14 LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wasn't sure if I should raise an old thread or what so I figured I'd start a new one. I ordered the protection package #906 (VPLAS0253) which included 1st and 2nd row rubber mats with my MY14 LR4.
There is an issue with the 2nd row mat holes (2 holes on the left passenger side and 2 on the right), they don't line up with the installed hooks. The 2nd row carpet mats fit perfect, and the 1st row rubber mats fit as well.
With the kit came some screw in anchors I can install to secure the mats - however that means putting holes in the carpet. And that will make the carpet mats bumpy.

For those of you with recent LR4s with four installed hooks in your second row, do your OEM rubber mats fit those hooks?

For now the 2nd row mat just lays on top of the installed hooks with four bumps. The bumps aren't bad and I honestly could live with it that way, but I'm not sure that LR would ship OEM mats that didn't fit the installed hooks :stupid:

I called the dealer and they basically said this is how the mats fit (or don't fit) all current LR4s.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Double check your part numbers. I have a 2013 and the original mats they supplied me with were incorrect (at some point they changed between model years). I am at work now, or I would dig up my receipt with the part number on it for you.

I also have that carpet screw thing, which is to be used on the part of the mat that wraps around under the back of the seat, but I didn't install them. I didnt want to screw with the carpet and put holes in it.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is how the oem carpet mat fits, 2nd row behind driver.
7d29f9677e50363a95ce5c667a50218a.jpg

And the oem rubber mat in the same spot.
421b6edbf40781978c0b4c978aa010a1.jpg

The right side hook isn't close enough to slip through and there isn't a hint of a hole for the left hook.

Agreement with dealer, who is not close so communication was done mostly in email, was that I'd get this set.
http://landrover.niello.com/accessories.php?action=details&catalog_id=9264&category=202
On my order sheet this is listed as protection package 906.

When car was delivered the oem rubber mats were already laid out unpackaged. I don't see a particular part number on the mat itself so I was wondering if others had the same for issue.

Thx,
JD

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get my truck back in a few days. (Under maintenance and a scratch repair)

When I get it back, I will snap a photo for you. I can't honestly recall what it looks like. I just know I had problems with my 2nd row and the dealer ordered another set that fit correctly.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, they gave you the wrong model year mats. I picked up my truck this morning and the 2nd row has two holes that line up perfectly with the hooks in the floor. When I get home, I will try and see if I can dig up the receipt with the part number.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the follow up. I stopped by a local dealership last week (not where I purchased the LR4) and they showed me part number VPLAS0253, and those mats had the two holes that lined up with the hooks. You're right, I was given the wrong mats with the car (even though I asked for VPLAS0253 when ordering). Waiting for dealer to return my call...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You and me both had the exact experience! I asked the guy to be sure he ordered the correct set and ended up with the one you have. Took another week and a half for him to get the correct one. Sorted in the end though.

Good luck!

magnumforc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the ones from LLoyds and they fit perfect, front and rear and Cargo. For a lot less and they hold up just as well. I quit using the OEM mats when I realized it was just another way to get ripped off by the dealer for heavy rubber mats that were no better than many of the other upper line after market makers. Incidentally, many of the US models do not accept the Euro model mats as you have found the hold downs are different. On my previous Evoque, the hold downs were spaced completely different, although the European model mats were made much better than the US mats. Go figure.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't complain about the LR OEM mats though. Despite their hefty price tag, they are honestly some of the most heavy mats I have ever felt in my life. They are as durable as it gets.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your 2nd row mat looks exactly like my 2013 LR4 2nd row mat. My LR4 doesn't have the 2 hooks. It has a twist lock-tab that matches perfectly the hole on the right side and another one towards the rear where the mat wraps around the back of the seat.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick