2015 lr4 nas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 LR4 (NAS) Product Accouncement bulletin

Internal marketing bulletin including specs and pricing for the 2015 LR4 (North America) was released to dealers, not sure if copy was ever posted here. Here is a link to the post on ExPo for those interested: http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...al-2014-LR4-information?p=1656783#post1656783

You may need to become a member of ExPo to see the jpegs of that bulletin, sorry.

I expect 2015 to be a short model year, and the last one for our great platform. :frown:

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, interesting they are making the side steps standard. This may sound funny but my wife's main criteria for a car is a wood steering wheel. Her Volvo had it, now her Acura. I may use that to sell her on a '15 to get another before they are gone.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate wood steering wheels. I really don't get the allure. They just get wet / oily on long drives or hot days. I prefer the softer touch leather by a long shot.

I like the wording of "front door trim has been updated to feature a fresher interior styling". (Aka, we have gone super cheap and simply got rid of half of the wood trim! = feature!)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people will like the side steps as standard, while most of us would want to rip them off.

I don't get the interior front door trim "refresh", they just use less wood - it looks weird.

The 2 tone leather is kind of nice.

I don't like any of those iPhone application features (personally), though I think it's probably good to catch up to other car makers who are technologically more advanced. I'm just old fashioned and don't like anything like that.

Last edited:

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like the change to the wood trim on the doors. I would hate a wood steering wheel. I wouldn't want the running boards. I wish my '14 I had the InControl Apps, the new User Interface Panel, and the Adaptive Cruise Control.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had 3 vehicles with wood steering wheels and never felt that they detracted from the driving experience. They were all pretty beefy, had good grip indents, and stood up well to my habit of tapping out rhythms on the wheel with the occasional accent note from my wedding ring. :) I will also say that as a resident of the Mid-Atlantic area, during the cold season a wood wheel heats up a lot faster than a wrapped one. My .02.

I have had adaptive cruise control in other vehicles and it is very easy to get used to...

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something with the apps, or are they all just obscure apps I have never heard of?

BMW, on the other hand, has been integrating natively with Facebook, Twitter, Google Map location to Nav for a few years now. That sounds a lot more useful than these unheard of apps that LR are advertising.

Soda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
InControl is LandRover's version of Apple CarPlay. I'm not sure why they didn't just go with CarPlay either.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
InControl is LandRover's version of Apple CarPlay. I'm not sure why they didn't just go with CarPlay either.

Agreed on the InControl apps, never heard of them and don't know about their integration ability between the smart phones we all use.

Land Rover has announced that they'll use CarPlay, but I don't think they've published a release date.

Given that I can't play USB music and stream Bluetooth music in my MY14 LR4 without plugging/unplugging my iPod I hope to somehow adapt CarPlay into my LR4 by upgrading to a newer OEM deck or possibly 3rd party.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV