2015 lr4 nas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a loaner with side steps and hated them. Even my kids thought they were just in the way when entering & exiting. My wife managed to rub her white pants along the dirty edge as well.

And does anybody going offroad really want less ground clearance. I think the standard side steps are an odd choice. Maybe bringing back the standard roof rails would be a better idea.

costelj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like the dual tone leather seats. They look awesome. As an owner of Ivory seats in my LR4, I admit that I might like those dual tones better.

The rest is blah. Which I guess is better than a huge change (cough Vision cough). HATE the sidesteps.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mechanic on a different forum said that Land Rover must have a warehouse full of these side steps, so installing them for "free" as standard equipment at the factory is the easiest way to get rid of them before the model is discontinued. Makes sense, I know Land Rover included an awful lot of these types of "combo deals", "Platinum packages" with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in for a sweet price, and several unusual standard features on late production, 1st generation Sports before the switchover to the L494 platform.

Maybe their warehouse is running out of wood panels, thus the "fresher" door styling, lol. They can probably make 2 door cards out of one panel.

Last edited:

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A mechanic on a different forum said that Land Rover must have a warehouse full of these side steps, so installing them for "free" as standard equipment at the factory is the easiest way to get rid of them before the model is discontinued. Makes sense, I know Land Rover included an awful lot of these types of "combo deals", "Platinum packages" with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in for a sweet price, and several unusual standard features on late production, 1st generation Sports before the switchover to the L494 platform.

Maybe their warehouse is running out of wood panels, thus the "fresher" door styling, lol. They can probably make 2 door cards out of one panel.

Yeah, the "fresher" door styling looks very cheap in my opinion.

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate the new door panel design. It makes the panel skinnier near the elbow area where I could rest my forearm, etc. Plus I like the idea of having a thicker panel, just gives you a beefier and more secured feeling that there is quite a bit of cushion between you and whats outside your car. I recently took a look at LX570 and was surprised that how skinny its door panels were near the window edge. FFRR also has a much nice and thicker door panel.

First V6, then the shifter knob, then the mandatory side steps, then the skinnier door panel with cheesy/odd looking rectangular piece of wood. And they just continue to destroy a perfect vehicle :)

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate the new door panel design. It makes the panel skinnier near the elbow area where I could rest my forearm, etc. Plus I like the idea of having a thicker panel, just gives you a beefier and more secured feeling that there is quite a bit of cushion between you and whats outside your car. I recently took a look at LX570 and was surprised that how skinny its door panels were near the window edge. FFRR also has a much nice and thicker door panel.

First V6, then the shifter knob, then the mandatory side steps, then the skinnier door panel with cheesy/odd looking rectangular piece of wood. And they just continue to destroy a perfect vehicle :)

Exactly!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree...V6, side steps, no low gear without the heavy duty package, more infotainment. Trying to appeal to the minivan buyers.

Stepsride

Reaction score
I agree...V6, side steps, no low gear without the heavy duty package, more infotainment. Trying to appeal to the minivan buyers.

I drove the new supercharged v6 with the 8sp tranny. Not a big fan, the engine always feels burdened. It is a good engine just underpowered. I like my V8. However you could possibly talk me into a supercharged v6 with 400HP/Torque. That may make a difference.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
400hp / tq would be quite a stretch on a v6 from a reliability (LR warranty) standpoint. We all know there are capable motors out there, but none from the factory. Hell, BMW had been using a V8 twin turbo to get those numbers, but were just recently bumped to 440hp / 480tq. I'd love THAT engine in my LR4!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72