New to Forum and interested in buying a new LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

valcor123

Reaction score
Thank you all for your input, looks like a good ride now.... nothing like I had on my Discovery... inching closer to close the deal.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2010 HSE LUX. 64k miles. I absolutely love it!

Only real issue has been worn out bearings on the front right wheel.

In my opinion there is no other vehicle like it. Perfect blend of luxury, versatility, and useability all packaged in the iconic Land Rover look and with the iconic "go almost anywhere" ability.

One of my favorite things about Land Rovers(LR4, RR, RRS) is that they are amazing off road and still drive great on road.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 LR4 Purchased Brand New. In the first 3-4 months it spent 30+ days in the shop. Didn't last 6 months before lemon'd. Feel sorry for who purchases that truck.

I did love the vehicle. Just was not in a situation to deal with it.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like Epiclr4, I too have lemon-ed a 2014 LR4 LUX with only 3475 miles for oil cooler and coolant related issues.

It's been at the dealership 5 times, left me stranded while on a road trip, etc.

I've opted for a new 2015 LR4 as a direct replacement which should be on the assembly line as we speak.

I'm giving LR one last chance.

franklin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2011 LR4, 32K miles. Replaced battery, rear window regulator (worked but was noisy), both of those under warranty. Outside of that, new tires, front and rear brakes/rotors.
I had an '05 LR3 and so far the LR4 seems to be more reliable. These are still no where near as reliable as say a Toyota (one should never expect this) but they have become more on par, reliability-wise with SUV's from other high end makers like BMW, Mercedes and Porsche-in my opinion. Thats still not great but the overall design of the LR4 makes up for the shortcomings.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are still no where near as reliable as say a Toyota (one should never expect this) but they have become more on par, reliability-wise with SUV's from other high end makers like BMW, Mercedes and Porsche-in my opinion. Thats still not great but the overall design of the LR4 makes up for the shortcomings.

I agree.

valcor123

Reaction score
After reading all the comments posted (thanks to all) I think I will keep my ML 350 a bit longer and check the LR4 2015 MY later on! just do not want to be on the same spot i was with my Discovery S 1, thought they may have improved by now.

Thanks again

simjet22

Reaction score
2010 with 64k. The only issues i had were wear parts(brakes and the brushing), and just recently i have the suspension fault message. So now i have to replace the air compressor. LR quoted me $1300 over the phone. Other than that its an amazing presence on the road. I live on Long Island,NY and recently took it on a road trip to Canada. Let me tell you, it was a fun smooth trip. It had no issues going up those mountain grades,also i love the v8, i dont know if i would "enjoy" the scv6 as much.

preca

Reaction score
2013 LR4 HSE Lux

2013 17,000 miles zero problems. Would buy another easily.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut