Center console latch remove?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theman

Reaction score
Anyone had the silver latch assembly out of the console storage cover? My iphone cable keeps getting nicked and is a real PITA to manage so it doesn't get crushed and nicked. I removed the torx screws but that didn't appear the right approach.

gamh2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a MY12 and when connecting, the center console has sort of o a couple of "tunnels" in the lid that allow for the iphone cable to stick out without being crushed. If that is not possible in yours, just connect to the additional power supply in the console. If you have a MY12 or newer, you should be able to listen to music without connecting the iphone to the center console. Older models it seems you have no choice but to connect to the USB port in the center console.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2010, I am also able to pass the cord on the side of the handle and close the lid without damaging the cord.

theman

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys. Mine does not have a channel, or at least the little bit of a conflict-free route does not guide or hold the cable so w.opening and closing it falls right into the path of the latch or guide prongs and gets pinched or nicked. I need to pop the silver plunger-type handle out of it's side pins.

Will resort to the force method.... :0

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2010, I am also able to pass the cord on the side of the handle and close the lid without damaging the cord.

Ditto. I run my USB cable out of the left side of the lid and nowhere near the handle to avoid crimping the cable. It just hangs out between my driver seat and center console by the seat belt lock, out of the way until I need it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV