Moab LR4 off road videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
I bought my LR4 a few months ago but finally had a chance to sneak away and take it down to Moab, I live in Northern Utah so its not too far away.

I wanted to push the limits a little to see what the LR4 was capable of. It surprised me and did better than I thought it would. Especially without a a front locker (I do have the Heavy duty package with rear locker) I have been doing some pretty tough 4-wheeling for over 20 years so I thought the off road special modes would be a joke but the rock crawl feature was actually pretty impressive.

On this hill I picked the steepest line just to see how the rock crawl mode would work. I didn't really expect it to go up it. But to my surprise it crawled right up it. And as always videos and photos don't do how steep this hill really is.

Hells Revenge Moab, Land Rover LR4 - YouTube

Here is a video of it going up "Tip over Challenge" on the Hells Revenge Trail. It has BFG AT 275/65R18 Tires and I was running about 20psi. Tires barked more than I thought they would but tires are only about 40% tread left so about time to get new ones. I will go with a different tire though.

Hells Revenge, tip over challenge, Moab, Land Rover LR4 - YouTube

And one last video of us cleaning the under carriage :smile:

La Sal mtns Land Rover LR4 - YouTube

Still trying to work out some suspension faults but overall pretty impressed what it could do.

Jud

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty impressive, Jud! My wife and I will never by trying stuff like this but it is pretty cool to see what it can do. I had to laugh at the first one as you drug your tail through the sand. But that was pretty cool that it climbed that face.

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats awesome. Great videos. Hope to make it to Moab in mine someday soon.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Totally bad ass Jud!!! Love it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow!!! Awesome videos. I have been to Moab many times, but not with my LR4. Someday! It's great seeing you make good use of HikeNBike's old rig - very cool.

Thanks for posting!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am dying to get out there and do this. Hopefully I can meet up with some of the regulars on the forums too. I have looked at the LR national rally event before, considering trying that. I am still trying to figure out what armor I really need for this thing. Its already so damn heavy. I tend to be dealing with mud here and its a huge pain to clean up. I worry about having more flat surfaces on the bottom to stick to.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am dying to get out there and do this. Hopefully I can meet up with some of the regulars on the forums too. I have looked at the LR national rally event before, considering trying that. I am still trying to figure out what armor I really need for this thing. Its already so damn heavy. I tend to be dealing with mud here and its a huge pain to clean up. I worry about having more flat surfaces on the bottom to stick to.
Moab = lots and lots of rock scrapes and rear bumper scrapes. However, there are all different obstacles and some are a lot more tame. To be honest, I think you would be fine in your set up. I've been through a lot of it with a pretty stock Jeep Wrangler.

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
The best trails in Moab a stock LR4 would do just fine. The trail I have videos of (Hells Revenge) is one of the best and a stock LR4 could do it all. The lines and obstacles I was doing are all optional. 90% of the trails in Moab a LR4 would be fine. But there are the other 10% that would bust one up pretty bad.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. That first one is pretty impressive.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The best trails in Moab a stock LR4 would do just fine. The trail I have videos of (Hells Revenge) is one of the best and a stock LR4 could do it all. The lines and obstacles I was doing are all optional. 90% of the trails in Moab a LR4 would be fine. But there are the other 10% that would bust one up pretty bad.

Ya, from what I have read and seen I am not too worried.

So when are we going? Would be great to plan a trip in 2015 or something, get talking about it early. Is the national rally thing a good way to go?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72