Freelander KV6, throttle actuation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leinad78

Reaction score
Hello guys,

my name is Daniel, i´m an automotive engineer and i´m working on the disassembly of Siemens MS4x ecu (mainly for BMW engines, so please be gentle if i don´t know any aspect of the Freelander engine).
We have had great success in the last month understanding how the engine controller works and how to modify it. We are even able to implement our own code, so things like map switching etc are now in development :)

One thing i´m currently stuck at is identifying how the KV6 (FL2) works without an idlespeed actuator.
From what i have found searching the web for several hours and digging through the code for several hundred hours, the MS43 at the FL2 uses throttle opening for slow idlespeed modification and ignition advance for fast idlespeed actuation.

Problem is, when i unplug the ISA at my BMW engine and modify the program like it is used at FL2, the engine stalls immediately after the start due to closed throttle. Now, the funny stuff is, i modded to code to replicate the behaviour of the Freelander, unfortunally without majour success...

Would anyone of you fellow guys with an FL2 KV6 be able to take a video of the throttle actuation at engine start? I know its a bit of work to unmount the intake air filter and set up a camera/smartphone, but it would help the community by a majour degree!

Thanks alot
Daniel
www.ms43wiki.com

leinad78

Reaction score
Just a short update, we fixed it :) MS43 is now working without the ISA/ICV

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member