newbie Disco II owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kristofferzen

Reaction score
So....I took the plunge and got the Disco II, year 2000 with 78,000 miles.
I just replaced the wipers, rear brakes and roters, 4 new tires, alignment...and now just need new rear shocks to pass PA inspection.
I need a cheap pair of shocks, any suggestions? I found some bilsteins shocks for around 75 bucks each, my local shop will install. Do I need to provide them with anything else other than the rear shocks themselves?

http://www.partsgeek.com/gbproducts...+Google+Base&gclid=CLvL54TIlMICFXIV7AodzhIAhA

looking at two of these for about 100 bucks?
thoughts?
im not offroading fyi :)

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should not have purchased a Disco if you can't afford to use the proper parts and trust me there is no such thing as a cheap Rover part. Plus you should be replacing the front shocks cause yours are shot at that mileage.
Do not buy any thing for that truck, sell it to someone who would appreicate it, An 03 at that mileage is a great find especially with the locking t/case

kristofferzen

Reaction score

Why would I purchase..... then sell......and purchase a new vehicle. Glad I didnt do that with my current house which is a fixer upper. Yikes. My wife and family would love that. Buy, sell, then buy another cheap house in need of repair.
You have no idea the use Im using this vehicle for at this time or what my needs are. I asked a simple question. Just answer. I dont need a diatribe about the faux pas and ownership of this truck I'm aware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV