Noob 2003 disco owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mp1976

Reaction score
In about 10 min I'm gonna own this truck. 103k miles some dings but no rust. $1500 I went over the truck pretty well. I'm a ********* diy guy. Own a bmw and have done all my work on it. Anyways. This truck is throwing p0748 code. Pressure regulating solenoid open or short. MV4. Looks like a pretty easy job changeing it out. Don't have a manual yet. Any recomendations of the one I should buy? Need to find which one is the MV 4 solenoid can test them I suppose. And where is a good place to order parts from ? And any DIY on here? I couldn't find any thing when I searched

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious, what will you be using the truck for, do you know any service history?

Mp1976

Reaction score
No service records unfortunately.. I live in Syracuse NY so like Buffalo We have ruff winters.. SO mostly this will be my Winter Ride Rather than my BMW 330i, my work commute is not very far so the Poor MPG don't bother me.. I also will use it to tow a small trailer/ 4 wheeler etc on occasion with some slight off road to some property i own up north.. And thanx for the reply

Mp1976

Reaction score
No key fob and this key is a pain in the **** wont turn unless u wiggle. Tumblers maybe worn or crapy copy. Are the fobs programable if I get a used one like I did with my passat?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut