95 Land Rover needs help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikelandrover

Reaction score
I have 95 Land Rover 3.9 and went to store. Came out and would not start. It has fuel pressure to the rails and spark at the plugs. I know by reading a lot of threads that 3.9 does not have crankshaft sensor. The vehicle cranks fine but will not start or even atemt to catch. Tried starter fluid and nothing. Any other thoughts?

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to my dad's 90RRC. check the ignition switch

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
It could also be a coil issue... check for spark

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has spark at the plugs...still coil issue?

Buchenrad

Reaction score
I dont specifically know discoveries very well but whats true for most all cars is if there is spark at all plugs and you used starting fluid to no avail (not even sputtering) then I would say either the spark is too weak or its happening at the wrong time. Could be coil making a weak spark but I dont imagine the weakening would have happening instantaneously (I could be wrong)

Do you smell gas at the exhaust? If so then you know your injectors are firing and its probably not a gas issue.

I did have a VW where the cylinders were getting fuel and good spark but not starting and it ended up being the main computer. I guess the spark timing was not right.

Dont take what Im saying as a solution and go buy a computer. Im just throwing ideas out.

Edit: I didnt realize this was as old as it was. OP: Did you figure it out?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi