LR4 Camera System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ajatsea

Reaction score
2010 LR-4 LUX 60K miles. The backup camera just turned white. You can still make out some things in the screen and the edges are green. Loose connection or Faulty camera??? Any advise is greatly appreciated.

jameswalkertx

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that but I don't have much info to tell you since they just replaced my whole system. Mine never worked from the time we picked it up at the dealer last year, so hopefully yours is just a loose wire or maybe something with the lense has happened? Moisture may have built up in the lens if the it is not sealed well?

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ajatsea,

Land Rover Joe here, hope all is well.

Based on my experience with the camera system, you will need to go to the dealer. It sounds like a loose wire or dirty connection, but the system is so complicated that it is near impossible for a lay person to troubleshoot.

Let us know what the problem is. My issue (I was in Africa for several years away from a dealer) could have only been resolved through a dealer: the control module had failed, I needed a hardware upgrade (new filters), and a software upgrade.

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

alimby22

Reaction score
Land Rover Joe
You started off this Thread by stating that you had a camera system fault when you started the truck up so your problem was not blue screen related.
I have the same problem and it seems different from what everyone else on this thread is experiencing.
With me it states “Camera system fault” at startup too and none of the cameras work. After I clear the error message (by pressing OK) and drive around for about 10 minutes the error warning goes away and the camera system work just fine without any blue screens or problems. I can even turn the truck off, wait some time and restart the truck and everything works fine…..But, as soon as I walk away from the truck and lock it and then restart the truck, the error is back.
It’s almost as if the Control unit is doing some diagnostic when the vehicle is first turned on after being completely shut down and it is failing this test and then after a while it passes the test and camera system is allowed to go active and work fine, until it gets switched off and you walk away and lock the car again.
It’s a 2010 and out of warranty and don’t want to go through what everyone else is going through with the stealers so want to learn as much about what others with similar problems have done to resolve this, prior to dropping a load at the dealership (money that is).
Any thoughts on the above problem?

alimby22

Reaction score
Land Rover Joe

You started off this Thread by stating that you had a camera system fault when you started the truck up so your problem was not blue screen related.
I have the same problem and it seems different from what everyone else on this thread is experiencing.
With me it reads “Camera system fault” at startup too and none of the cameras work. After I clear the error message (by pressing OK) and drive around for about 10 minutes the error warning goes away and the camera system work just fine without any blue screens or problems. I can even turn the truck off, wait some time and restart the truck and everything works fine…..But, as soon as I walk away from the truck and lock it and then restart the truck, the error is back.
It’s almost as if the Control unit is doing some diagnostic when the vehicle is first turned on after being completely shut down and it is failing this test and then after a while it passes the test and camera system is allowed to go active and work fine, until it gets switched off and you walk away and lock the car again.
It’s a 2010 and out of warranty and don’t want to go through what everyone else is going through with the stealers so want to learn as much about what others with similar problems have done to resolve this, prior to dropping a load at the dealership (money that is).
Any thoughts on the above problem?

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alimby22,

I did occasionally have this problem and it sounds like a software upgrade—as you allude. There were several problems with my camera system…which made it very difficult to figure out without all the proper diagnostic equipment; one of those problems was the software, and I am assuming that is the similarity between our problems with the “Camera system fault” indicator (sometimes mine would fault and then turn on later like yours before the module failed).

Unfortunately, unless you can get access to a diagnostic kit somewhere (like Blackbox), we are relatively stuck with relying on the dealerships to troubleshoot the systems. There are simply to many complex computer controlled components on these trucks to troubleshoot solo.

Sorry this couldn’t help more-

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

(I got your PM as well-many thanks)

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update- Arbitration said I don't get any compensation. Meanwhile I had issues again with the cameras. Back in shop and they are replacing filters. Showed them pictures. And the VM I got from the service advisor said they pulled codes as well. Holding it overnight.

ateftabet

Reaction score
i have my camera on my HSE V8 2010 LR4 shows Mirror image/ confusing left right side. I tried to call the dealer to replace it , but surprised for the price estimate to be 500 USD (too much). and truly think its a matter of software screw up. Any one has this problem ?
otherwise have to go to a third party where i am sure it will be much cheaper.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut