Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trekker

Reaction score
If you go for the DuraTracs the spare fits fully deflated underneath. You will need a compressor (a small one might be sufficient).
I have read that there's enough of a size difference to throw off the computer system and possibly go into limp mode...
I used to put my spare Hankook in the trunk... Could be dangerous in case of an accident, loss of space...
I'm going to put plenty more miles on them tomorrow and hopefully a little trail too.

Did you go with TPMS for your new rims & tires? I'm thinking about just getting the IID Tool and turning off TPMS. Thoughts?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
West of Rampart Range Road, CO this afternoon. Easy but nice trail.

IMG_0428 (1).jpg

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan- color combo looks great!

I battled the FL summertime heat this morning and gave her a bath. Should be off to the trails again next weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.jpg
    IMG_1815.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 72

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta be tough in FLA this time of year. Heat AND humidity! But if your used to it... And next February I may be wishing for some of that heat!

Looks good. Even your treads look sharp!

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you go with TPMS for your new rims & tires? I'm thinking about just getting the IID Tool and turning off TPMS. Thoughts?

I recently shut it off as well with the GAP tool. Too annoying to deal with and I found that when I swapped to my off road tires/rim combo, it would take up to a day or two for the TPMS system to throw a fault. Seemed a little late for what I would expect.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never really got the point of TPMS when running big off-road tires anyway. For starters, most people air down the tires a bit when hitting the trails. For on-road use, you will certainly know if you have a flat with tires with that much sidewall.

Pointless system.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS are mandatory these days because most people just use their cars to commute and such. They are not drivers and are not taught that they should check certain things regularly in order to drive safely.
For some of us TPMS are useless but for the vast majority they are a necessity.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS is pointless for people who pay attention to the vehicle and know what is going on.

The VAST majority of drivers wouldn't know if the damn wheels fell off. They need idiot lights.

Trekker

Reaction score
TPMS is pointless for people who pay attention to the vehicle and know what is going on.

The VAST majority of drivers wouldn't know if the damn wheels fell off. They need idiot lights.

Thanks for the input everyone! My 265/65R18's are being installed on my Compomotive rims as I type. I opted not to install TPMS and I will turn it off with the IIDTool. Even the guy at the tire shop didn't think that TPMS in oversize tires would be accurate or needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72