Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, LR4 looks great with those tires. I just started searching for tires. I'm strongly looking at these LTZ's. Seeing them on your truck is making my decision alittle easier! :)

I spent most the winter in Nova Scotia, Canada. The stock Conti's sure left alot to be desired in the snow. I found my truck pushed alot with them. After talking to my wife, we were planning on getting winter tires for the up coming winter, but I really dont want to have 2 set's for my truck. We have 2 sets for her SUV, 2 for my vette, and I just sold my Porsche, so I was able to unload the extra set I had for it. The shed is getting cramped to say the least. I thought this would be a good compromise, as an all around, all season tire.

Since you've had them on for awhile, are they still living up to your expectations?

Franky

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finlayforprez,

Those tires look great! Awesome addition to your LR4.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David, LR4 looks great with those tires. I just started searching for tires. I'm strongly looking at these LTZ's. Seeing them on your truck is making my decision alittle easier! :)

I spent most the winter in Nova Scotia, Canada. The stock Conti's sure left alot to be desired in the snow. I found my truck pushed alot with them. After talking to my wife, we were planning on getting winter tires for the up coming winter, but I really dont want to have 2 set's for my truck. We have 2 sets for her SUV, 2 for my vette, and I just sold my Porsche, so I was able to unload the extra set I had for it. The shed is getting cramped to say the least. I thought this would be a good compromise, as an all around, all season tire.

Since you've had them on for awhile, are they still living up to your expectations?

Franky
Hey Franky,

I have about 2,000 miles on the LTZs and still LOVE them! They look awesome and definitely have the on/off-road blend I was looking for in a tire. I am not noticing any sound or issues on-road, as they ride pretty darn close to the stock Contis. I have been off-roading with them a total of 3 times and they are like night and day difference with the stock tires. While I do not do any crazy off-roading, I noticed the difference right away on various types of terrain. I should also add I know a guy in my Land Rover group who has them on his 2010 Range Rover and he beats the living crap out of it off-road - and they perform awesome! He told me he has a lot of miles on them and they have been great in all kinds of terrain. I trust him because he really puts his LR through the ringer off-road quite often. From what I can tell, they seem to wear pretty well. Overall, if you are keeping the 19" wheels (255/55/R19 tires), then the LTZs are likely the best choice and look the most rugged (and are functional).

As I said in my previous post, I HIGHLY recommend getting them from here:

http://www.treaddepot.com/tire/01410.html

They will beat any price and I found their customer service to be the best!

Best of luck!!! Oh, and my dad is from Nova Scotia! :)

-David

Last edited:

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at there website this afternoon, they have a $40 discount on them now too! Very tempting, if I wasen't leaving so soon, I would order them now!

Thank you for the update David.

cayenne

Reaction score
If they only had a slightly bigger 19" tire size we would be set! It seems like no one has anything bigger than 255/55/19

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have a clue what the max size that will fit underneath the vehicle..in 19 and 18 rims?

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bromhead - early LR3's (2005 and 2006) could fit the 285/50/20 Cooper LTZ. They then changed the bump stop design on the chassis so there was rubbing turned close to full lock. They kept the same bump stop design on the Lr4's so I order to fit the 285 LTZ you'd have to grind down the bump stop a little bit. Obviously offset comes into play as well. Perhaps a very low offset would allow the tires to fit without any modification.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA