Frustration with '14 availability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And they claim they can only sell to people in the Denver area. So how long do they sit on those things before someone wakes up?

That is funny, my service guy mentioned this to me a few weeks ago. He said that people overseas have been buying them and shipping them out. So now you get put on some list and if they discover the truck is shipped out, then you are blacklisted by land rover corporate.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reach out to Land Rover Rocklin. Great guys!! Niello motor group - lot's of buying power.

Thanks for the suggestion, checked in with them today. However they told me that because of high demand of the LR4 and that LR gives dealers bonuses to sell locally they are holding their few remaining 2014 LR4 purchases for locals only.

ruthabagah

Reaction score
Yep. Kinda sad how they do things. There are still a half dozen 2014's sitting on the lot at my dealership. But they all have black interior, none have the HD package. And when you go online to the dealerships website (Land Rover Denver) they all show up as Base models - but one of them is listed at $67K! That's no base model!

And they claim they can only sell to people in the Denver area. So how long do they sit on those things before someone wakes up?

Was there yesterday and they had at least one with a lighter interior...

Suggestion to the OP: Buy a ticket to Denver, get your car, drive back to SF by the scenic route (I70/US50). I did it for a used car 10 years ago.... but then I liked the mountain so much I ditched the bay area and moved to Denver!

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Suggestion to the OP: Buy a ticket to Denver, get your car, drive back to SF by the scenic route (I70/US50). I did it for a used car 10 years ago.... but then I liked the mountain so much I ditched the bay area and moved to Denver!

Thanks for the suggestion, the drive sounds quite fun and I'll check in with the Denver dealer (I prefer the ebony interior anyway).

However I'll remain cautious given the denial from the SoCal dealer because I wasn't a local.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was there yesterday and they had at least one with a lighter interior...

So you are in Denver area. Cool! And, yes, that drive is very nice. Yes, there was probably at least one with an Almond interior. I just know they received a bunch (10 actually) as an allotment from corporate because they are considered a new dealership. I did test drive a silver with Almond interior back in Feb but thought they had sold it.

They have a Fuji White on the showroom floor that is optioned up as it was their snow car for the Denver Auto Show. I have spent a lot of time their as I take measurements, etc in prep for mine. The folks there have been very god to work with.

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't going to purchase a V6 without driving one so I decided to go with a Cayenne. If there was normal availability I would still be in a LR4.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I won't be buying before test driving one too. My expectation is while waiting for my order one will show up at my dealer and I can take it out for a spin.

Below is the build I want, so testing/examining all of the features I'm ordering is unlikely.

• 2014 LR4 HSE Corris Grey
• Black Design Package 19"
• SiriusXM HD radio
• Climate Comfort Package
• Heavy Duty Package
• Vision Assist Package
• 825 Watt Audio
• Ebony interior leather
• Walnut finish

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just on Auto trader.com and there are a few 14's for sale at dealers.....haven't looked at colors but a few have had HD package.

Funny - topix still doesn't spell out options correctly (shows 1280w stereo upgrade)

Last edited:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, Man. I was really hoping the stereo on mine was going to be 1280 watts. Especially for when I am out in the back country camping. ;-)

It appears the "only sell in region" rule has created some significant anomalies in availability.

Lone Star landy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Between the three Houston area Land Rover dealers there are only 2 2014s.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72