ARB/Engel Fridge - Who's Got One??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 50 is the same footprint as the 37, just taller.

I just got an ARB 37 and can't wait to use it. I have a place custom building me some airline tracking to secure it in the cargo area and will start using it in future weeks for our trips back and forth to the 2nd home.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto - THANKS!!! I'll have to look into if this voids the warranty but this would solve one huge inconvenience.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt you'll have problems with the warranty. At any time you can just remove the bridge and pop the relay back in its socket to return to stock. FWIW, I brought both Sport and LR4 into the dealer countless times with that relay missing and jumped, they never even made a note of it.

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto - THANKS!!! I'll have to look into if this voids the warranty but this would solve one huge inconvenience.

The only legit argument for warranty voiding is if you burned out the wire harness that was inline.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The relay that was removed doesnt server any overcurrent function. That is what fuses are for, and they are still in place. The relay just removes all power from those sockets as a nanny feature so you dont accidentally leave accessories plugged in and drain your battery.

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting ARB 50qt fridge/freezer. The only complain I have found, so far, is the price but you get what you pay for. I would like to know how you secure it in a cargo compartment. What are the best options for removable set up which would not compromise the use of 3rd row seats when the fridge is not in use?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting ARB 50qt fridge/freezer. The only complain I have found, so far, is the price but you get what you pay for. I would like to know how you secure it in a cargo compartment. What are the best options for removable set up which would not compromise the use of 3rd row seats when the fridge is not in use?
Hey TLB,

I have the ARB 50 quart fridge/freezer and it works awesome. It is expensive and takes up a bit of room (and rather heavy), but it does a great job. I power it with my external battery pack and just secure it with a tie down inside the cargo area - I take it out when not in use. I know they have specific brackets and slide outs, but I don't leave it in unless I need it.

-David

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you go to NorthRidge 4x4 they have them on sale for $75 off right now plus ARB has a $75 rebate through the end of the month. Call NorthRidge and mention the code "Shark Tank" and you get the $75 off, plus they have free shipping.

Best price I have ever seen on the ARB fridges.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are the best options for removable set up which would not compromise the use of 3rd row seats when the fridge is not in use?

Drop it in the trunk, walk away. Done. These monsters are so heavy, it would take a rollover to get them to move an inch. :smile: Seriously, if I am venturing on an off-road trail or even a dirt road with lots of ruts and whoop de doos, I'll tighten a couple of ratcheting straps through the handles using the supplied anchor points in the trunk, to insure it stays where it is and doesn't rub against other stuff or the back of the 2nd row leather seats. But generally and when just driving on pavement or to a camping spot I leave it alone, that thing ain't going anywhere once it's in place and loaded with food and drinks. I should add that I have the rubber floor mat, which helps tremendously to keep things from sliding around in the load space area.

Last edited:

Trekker

Reaction score
Drop it in the trunk, walk away. Done. These monsters are so heavy, it would take a rollover to get them to move an inch. :smile: Seriously, if I am venturing on an off-road trail or even a dirt road with lots of ruts and whoop de doos, I'll tighten a couple of ratcheting straps through the handles using the supplied anchor points in the trunk, to insure it stays where it is and doesn't rub against other stuff or the back of the 2nd row leather seats. But generally and when just driving on pavement or to a camping spot I leave it alone, that thing ain't going anywhere once it's in place and loaded with food and drinks. I should add that I have the rubber floor mat, which helps tremendously to keep things from sliding around in the load space area.

This is all I've ever used. ARB does make a sliding shelf kit that I would maybe consider on an expedition trailer, but not my LR. If you are on the fence about if these fridges are worth the money - they absolutely are worth it! I use both my ARB freezer/fridge and a Yeti cooler for multi-day excursions into the back country. I use my Yeti for mostly drinks, but the perishable foods go in the ARB. It blows everyone's mind when it's day 5 on a trip and you pull out ice cream or steaks that haven't been soaking in cooler ice water.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA