GAP Tool ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will this tool reset the brake pad light? I just tried and can't seem how to reset that light. I just put new rear pads on because the light came on. The pads needed to be replaced. I unplugged and plugged sensor correctly.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the brake wear sensor is triggered, it means its close contact has opened due to wear. The sensor is a simple mechanical device thay cannot be "reset" with an electronic / diagnostic tool. Only way to turn off the brake warning light in the dash is to replace the triggered sensor with a new one along with the new pads, or to manually close the open contact of the original sensor (by chopping it off and twisting the two wires going to the head on the sensor together) and tuck the wire away in the wheel well, if you don't want or need the wear sensor to ever be triggered again in the future.

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once the brake wear sensor is triggered, it means its close contact has opened due to wear. The sensor is a simple mechanical device thay cannot be "reset" with an electronic / diagnostic tool. Only way to turn off the brake warning light in the dash is to replace the triggered sensor with a new one along with the new pads, or to manually close the open contact of the original sensor (by chopping it off and twisting the two wires going to the head on the sensor together) and tuck the wire away in the wheel well, if you don't want or need the wear sensor to ever be triggered again in the future.

Thanks Umbertob!!!!!

eljefe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umbertob,

I received my new pad sensor today. I just installed and it solved the pad warning light.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA