Bugs Off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do folks use to protect the front end from bug jerky at highway speeds now that the insects are back?

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To make bug removal easier I wax the front bumper, hood and even the clear light covers every spring.

To remove stubborn bug residue I use P21S Total Auto Wash in a spray bottle. But be aware that it is a strong cleaner that will also strip the wax so you need to apply a new coat of wax after use.

nickcaraux

Reaction score
I learned a quick and easy way to clean bugs off the front of your vehicle from a buddy of mine. It's very simple and inexpensive but it actually works. First, just wash the vehicle to get off excess dirt, let it dry, and get an empty spray bottle. Fill it the with water and take a fabric softener dryer sheet (Downy, Snuggle, etc.), then roll it up and insert it into the spray bottle. Screw on the sprayer cap and shake.

Just spray this on your vehicle and let it sit for a moment, and take another dry dryer sheet to simply wipe the bugs off. The bugs dissolve and wipe right off very easily.
Wash your vehicle again to take the residue off. That's it.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started by paint correcting the car 3 times, next applied Optimum Opti-Coat to all exterior surfaces even rims.

The opti-coat really makes lets bugs wash away.

I now just swing by a no touch car wash once a week. When I have a bit more time I wash with Auto Finesse Iron-Out once a year or Adams all purpose cleaner. Both products alone will remove all bug guts.

Final advice is to remove bug guts asap.

I drive I-95 from Miami to Savannah, very familiar with this issue.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned a quick and easy way to clean bugs off the front of your vehicle from a buddy of mine. It's very simple and inexpensive but it actually works. First, just wash the vehicle to get off excess dirt, let it dry, and get an empty spray bottle. Fill it the with water and take a fabric softener dryer sheet (Downy, Snuggle, etc.), then roll it up and insert it into the spray bottle. Screw on the sprayer cap and shake.

Just spray this on your vehicle and let it sit for a moment, and take another dry dryer sheet to simply wipe the bugs off. The bugs dissolve and wipe right off very easily.
Wash your vehicle again to take the residue off. That's it.

Serious? I need to try this just to see if it works. I love it when home grown stuff works as well or better than the expensive, "professional" stuff.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi