Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done close to 30K miles on the Cooper LTZ's and they been fine. I'm considering buying them again when I need new tires...but that won't be for another ~ 10K miles.

Ditto... 30K miles on the Cooper LTZ's and would buy again. I got mine at a local Discount Tire store.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooper LTZ's on my RRS here. Little noisy but smooth ride. They are great on and off road. But nothing to extreme like rock crawlers. But they do just fine. And are pretty good in snow.

COSwede

Reaction score
Cooper Zeon LTZ

Looking at my current spare tire under the LR4, it doesn't seem like there is much room for more rubber compared to the Conti that is waiting patiently there now. Does a Cooper LTZ (255/55R19) fit in the spare hole without modification? :confused:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll fit with room to spare. It's when you get past 31" in overall diameter that things get tight and you need to start deflating and removing stuff. Your 255/55/19 Cooper is barely over 30" dia., so no problemo. Isn't that the stock size of the 19" Contis that come with the car anyway?

COSwede

Reaction score
As a Roverito, all that extra rock gripping rubber of the LTZ's just seemed to expand in my head to the point that my future tires just wouldn't fit!

After the Overland Expo in AZ, I will gladly report on the new tires!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a Roverito, all that extra rock gripping rubber of the LTZ's just seemed to expand in my head to the point that my future tires just wouldn't fit!

After the Overland Expo in AZ, I will gladly report on the new tires!
I had the Cooper Zeon LTZs on my 2011 and for 6 months on my 2013 and they are good tires; however, just a word of caution that the sidewalls are still pretty vulnerable to sharp rocks. If you will be off roading in certain parts of AZ, be sure to bring an extra full-sized spare if you are running the Coopers.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see several people on here have used the 19" Zeon LTZ tires, and a few of those have moved onto 18" wheels and other things.

Has anyone ever had an offroad failure with the 19" Zeons, particularly a sidewall failure? I hit Colorado trails around once a year or so, and, while I don't go too extreme, almost all trails there have at least one rocky section (if not the whole trail).

I'm still mulling over my options right now. I'm leaning towards sticking with my 19" wheels and getting the Zeons and a full-size spare. The main two 18" wheel options have some drawbacks for me that I won't get into now. Even if I went with the 18" wheel, I'd probably stick with a tire of the same or similar size as stock, so the only advantage would be an E-rated tire and .5" of more rubber between the wheel and the ground.

aakempvt

Reaction score
I have about 4K miles on 19 inch Zeons. Definitely more highway noise than stock Continentals but no change in ride quality. I have one off road weekend with them and they performed great. I can't comment on their rock durability. I was very close to getting the Duratracs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA