Cooper Zeon LTZ Off-Road tires on Stock 19" Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the coops are look tough! would love to hear more feedback once you get more miles on it.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cooper Review...

Hey Everyone,

Well, it's been two weeks since I got the Cooper Zeon LTZs and I'm still loving them. They are amazing on the paved roads and highway and just tested them out off-road last Saturday and they are just as awesome. The difference between the LTZs and the stock Contis is night and day and they really excel off-road. I did not do anything crazy, but I could feel the difference with the LTZs and HIGHLY recommend them for those that want a great on-road tire that is also awesome off-road. So far I give them a 10/10 as far as looks and on-/off-road performance.

-David

Reno LR

Reaction score
I have been going through the same 18in vs 19in wheel dilemma. I only off-road a few times a year but I do drive in a lot of snow at Lake Tahoe and prefer to have a little more sidewall and aggressive tread. Did you notice any decrease in gas mileage when you went to the LTZ’s?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been going through the same 18in vs 19in wheel dilemma. I only off-road a few times a year but I do drive in a lot of snow at Lake Tahoe and prefer to have a little more sidewall and aggressive tread. Did you notice any decrease in gas mileage when you went to the LTZ’s?
Hello Reno LR,

No, not at all. I have been tracking it and the gas mileage seems the same as when I had the stock Contis mounted. I think there are probably better snow options out there for the 19" wheels, but I have heard/read that the LTZs are great in the snow/ice. I know someone who has them on his RR and he goes to Tahoe almost every weekend and he stated they work awesome in the snow/ice - never had a problem!

I hope that helps.

-David

Reno LR

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response. That does help a lot. Finding a set of used 19in wheels is a lot cheaper than getting 18’s shipped from across the pond.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
Do you have the same air pressure in your Coopers as you did the OEM tires? Any issues with the TPMS? The tires look awesome on your rig. I would love to get the 18 in rims, but its hard to justify the extra 2k (or more if i upsize them and have to get the exterior tire carrier) given your feedback on the Coops...

Have you gone over 80 or so on these tires? No excessive noises at highways speeds?

Thanks again

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David,
Do you have the same air pressure in your Coopers as you did the OEM tires? Any issues with the TPMS? The tires look awesome on your rig. I would love to get the 18 in rims, but its hard to justify the extra 2k (or more if i upsize them and have to get the exterior tire carrier) given your feedback on the Coops...

Have you gone over 80 or so on these tires? No excessive noises at highways speeds?

Thanks again
Hey bromhead,

Yes, I have the same tire pressure as with the OEM Contis (36 front, 42 back - I believe). I am not sure if it would be optimal to air up slightly, but I just keep it according to the LR specs on the door. I have had no issues with the TPMS. They used my existing TPMS sensors when they switched out my tires.

I have gone over 80mph on the tires. I tend to drive 65-75mph on the highway, but I was at about 90mph and they seem fine - no noise at all. They really seem the same as the stock Contis at highway speeds and definitely better handling overall and off-road there is no comparison!

I hope this helps! If you need a source, I believe I posted the place I bought them - tread depot - they were awesome! You will not find them if you do a search by vehicle, as LR officially does not have these as an option (due to the speed rating), but if you search by 255/55/R19 you will find them. I know tire rack does not carry them yet and you will have a hard time finding them on the Cooper website because they are new.

Regards, David

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really nice, David. I'm thinking about getting these too. How much did it cost? Would love to see wide angle shots of them on your LR4.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really nice, David. I'm thinking about getting these too. How much did it cost? Would love to see wide angle shots of them on your LR4.
Hey Count Laszlo,

The five tires cost me $1,055. The tires were $211.00 each on treadepot.com. I HIGHLY recommend them and if you find them cheaper (unlikely) give them a call and they will match the price at least. I spoke to them a couple times and they were extremely helpful and nice. Their number is: 888-421-8473.

I think shipping was about $170 for the five tires. I also purchased their road hazard tire insurance for about $100 as it's VERY good and easy to claim. Basically something goes wrong with the tire you get a new one, just pay for mounting.

I will try to take some shots of my LR4 for you... Better yet, you are pretty local, drop me a PM if you are in the general peninsula area at all over the weekend or I may take a ride up to SF if you want to see the tires in person. Even better, the N. CA Land Rover club as their monthly gathering at Hollister Hills SVRA, you should ride over with me. I stay on easy trails! Thanks!

Regards, David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA