XD Monster 18in wheels for LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

It seems that LR4 owners may be getting a third option for switching to 18in wheels (besides LR3+spacers wheels and compomotive wheels) as I have been talking with wheelpros and they claim that their XD Monster 18in wheels with 35mm offset (5x120 bolt pattern) do fit LR4. Has anybody been able to independently verify this? I don't think like being a guinea pig on this....

Best,

Michal

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

It seems that LR4 owners may be getting a third option for switching to 18in wheels (besides LR3+spacers wheels and compomotive wheels) as I have been talking with wheelpros and they claim that their XD Monster 18in wheels with 35mm offset (5x120 bolt pattern) do fit LR4. Has anybody been able to independently verify this? I don't think like being a guinea pig on this....

Best,

Michal

Yep. That's why I didn't buy those. Looked at them for a few months and gave up. They will not accept a return if they do not fit as you need to have them custom drilled (otherwise you'll need a hub centric ring (74.1 to 72.56).
Good luck
Axel
By the way, if you'd do a quick search of the forum you'd see that I already brought this up a while ago.

Last edited:

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's why I didn't buy those. Looked at them for a few months and gave up. They will not accept a return if they do not fit as you need to have them custom drilled (otherwise you'll need a hub centric ring (74.1 to 72.56).
Good luck
Axel
By the way, if you'd do a quick search of the forum you'd see that I already brought this up a while ago.

Axel - thank you very much!!!! I decided to go with LR3 wheels instead of the XD Monster. I just don't think that these wheels fit without any alterations.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Axel - thank you very much!!!! I decided to go with LR3 wheels instead of the XD Monster. I just don't think that these wheels fit without any alterations.

No problem, Michal. It's gonna be fun to compare setups.
What tires are you pairing them with?

Axel

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Axel

Hi Axel - I went with 265/65R18 BFGs :) I have a very low access garage at home and thus need to use access height and thus I can't go any higher without significant rubbing. Are you getting your wheels powder coated? If so what is the $$$ range for such service??? Also, I presume you don't need to powder coat the spacers.... (Stupid question but I felt that need to ask in order not to f...k up) :)

michal

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Axel

Btw - did you think about fuel offroad wheels? What is wrong with them?

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw - did you think about fuel offroad wheels? What is wrong with them?

I did. I saw Brandon's. They look great. I didn't see the blanks on their website and didn't want to have exactly the same rims as his.
Anything readily available would be great. Especially for an off-road geared vehicle.

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Axel - I went with 265/65R18 BFGs :) I have a very low access garage at home and thus need to use access height and thus I can't go any higher without significant rubbing. Are you getting your wheels powder coated? If so what is the $$$ range for such service??? Also, I presume you don't need to powder coat the spacers.... (Stupid question but I felt that need to ask in order not to f...k up) :)
You are going to love the BFGs! I hope to see them in January.

If you were closer to South San Francisco, I have a contact for a great powder coating shop. The charge is about $500.00 for all 4-5 wheels. He did my wheels on my 2011 LR4 that I traded and they came out awesome. He has a service where you drop off at a local garage, they deliver the wheels to him, powder coat and return the same day.

I don't think you would need to powder coat the spacers. You just need to decide if you are keeping the lug nuts silver or have them done black. On my 2011, I had them done black as well. My 2013 has the black design package (as you saw) and they leave them silver - same on my Compomotive wheels.

I do have some extra black center caps too (I think).

-David

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm still hesitant about which tire to pick. I really like the look of the BFGs!

As far as powder coating, each rim is $75 (x5= $375). I did think about keeping the whole thing "logical" and paint them myself but I gave into the ease of having it done (and it should look much better).

Not getting spacers coated. Actually I'm getting billet color (didn't want to wait for the black anodized (brakes are metal anyway).

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing your rigs after the wheel/tire change Axel and Michal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72