Upcoming LR4 Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T-Bone

Reaction score
I dropped off my 2015 LR4 yesterday at a dealer to fix the AC and the service advisor said that my vehicle will be part of an upcoming recall involving the front end suspension. He said they were just notified about it yesterday and the memo announcing it hadn't been released yet. He said he will call me when they get the memo and repair parts.

Has anyone else heard of this?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes open on TopiX to see of something pops up soon. Nothing LR4 related up to now.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they say if it was a 2015-only problem?

BTW, just noticed that your LR4 is Bronze. Nice. I'm rather partial to that color.

T-Bone

Reaction score
He didn't say and I didn't think to ask. Sorry.

Once we saw the Kaikoura with the Arabica/Almond interior, there wasn't any doubt on what we were getting. We're very happy with it.

rjchankalian

Reaction score
Hmmm. Good to know. Since my 2015 has been at the dealer for 1.5 weeks and now I have to wait another week for LR to send an engineer to look at it, maybe they can fix that as well. Never had an issue with my 2011. This one is starrting to concern me. Had it just under 4 months and it been in the shop for 2.5 weeks and counting.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here it is, it doesn't involve the front suspensions but it's affecting Dynamic Stability Control functionality and requires a critical (evidently, if they had to issue a recall...) software update to the ABS module, so that's close enough I guess, and I assume that's what your dealer was referring to when he alerted you of an upcoming recall.

It affects a specific range of MY2015 LR4 VINs only, no other model years are included. Safety Recall # P062, details at the following link:

https://app.box.com/s/6v6ampdxnq7zk25azu5wqy9o5sincp4s

Last edited:

T-Bone

Reaction score
My VIN falls within that range. Hopefully I'll hear from the dealer soon.

Great info. Thanks Umberto!

rjchankalian

Reaction score
4 weeks and counting...

Still don't have my truck back. Latest guess from LR is the transmission valve body. Just really want my truck back, but starting to think I want them to take this one back. They have had it over 1 month of the 4 I have had it.

Still love LR4s, but think this one has some Gremlins.

T-Bone

Reaction score
Four weeks! Ugh. Good luck in getting it back soon.

Mine's at the dealer for a third time to fix a leak in the AC system. They've had it for three days and can't narrow down the spot leaking even with dye-laced freon. The vehicle is three months old and the AC has never been 100%. Pretty frustrating.

On a positive note, they had the software upgrade for the recall so that will be out of the way and supposedly I can use the cooler box for the first time without fear of causing electrical faults.

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still don't have my truck back. Latest guess from LR is the transmission valve body. Just really want my truck back, but starting to think I want them to take this one back. They have had it over 1 month of the 4 I have had it.

Still love LR4s, but think this one has some Gremlins.

Starting to get into Lemon Law territory there given the elapsed time, depending on your state's laws. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72