Putting in a stroller while all 3 rows are in use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raj1

Reaction score
My wife will agree to buy an LR4 as long as I can demo to her that we can carry a stroller along with us while using all 3 rows.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this demo and thus become an LR4 owner? Thanks

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does this mean all 7 seats in all 3 rows? If you only need 6 seats then the left or right rear seat can be left down opening up a fair bit of space. Of course, when our kids were small w had one of those little strollers that would fit behind the deployed 3rd row. But these days the strollers seam like off road vehicles in their own right. ;-)

Raj1

Reaction score
Does this mean all 7 seats in all 3 rows? If you only need 6 seats then the left or right rear seat can be left down opening up a fair bit of space. Of course, when our kids were small w had one of those little strollers that would fit behind the deployed 3rd row. But these days the strollers seam like off road vehicles in their own right. ;-)
I agree Dan on the off-road :)

I wonder if there are stroller racks available? If they have it for kayaks, why not for strollers, eh?

Well - I have 3 kids in age group 3 months - 4.5 years. I guess I could have the oldest kid be in the 3rd on her own. We were hoping to have the older kids together but might not work out.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well your other option is to keep both rear seats up and one of the middle row seats and the center "seat" in the middle row down. That provides a decent flat space in the middle row which may work - unless you have the Yukon of strollers.

BlueOvalConvert

Reaction score
Which stroller do you have? In my experience, almost all the larger modern strollers are two-part items -- the frame and the seat(s). If you break the two pieces apart, then they become somewhat flat/compact as you engage the folding mechanisms for each part. As such, it may be possible to tuck the two pieces that are folded behind the third row seat.

Note, this is especially true for the Graco stroller that (I imagine) your 3 month old rides in. The seat become the car seat and the frame (when folded) should fit behind the third row.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We only have two kids. Looked at most of the SUVs out there with the exception of the behemoths (tahoes, armadas, etc) and settled in a minivan. For us there is just no equivalent to the practicality and convenience of minivan for little ones. I know my wife would balk at putting multiple strollers (unless they are small umbrella ones) into an LR4 with the 3rd row up. If your wife is really adverse to minivans that may be what helps you get the LR4!!

rovingtony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Graco strollers are very bulky. If its an umbrella type stroller space wouldn't be an issue. :)

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Dan on the off-road :)

I wonder if there are stroller racks available? If they have it for kayaks, why not for strollers, eh?

Well - I have 3 kids in age group 3 months - 4.5 years. I guess I could have the oldest kid be in the 3rd on her own. We were hoping to have the older kids together but might not work out.

I don't have any pictures of it but I used to strap our double bob stroller to my thule swing away bike rack. It actually just slid right on the two arms in no time. I'm sure you could do something similar and if it is wet out, throw a yard size garbage bag over it.

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may be able to help...more info please

Raj1, I am on my 3rd happy week of LR4 ownership. I have three girls, ages 6, 5, and 5 and we have three car seats across the middle row. We have departed stroller territory but I still have a single Bugaboo Bee and a double City Mini stroller hanging in the garage...let me know if you have similar and I can take a few photos for you.

Have you seen firsthand the amount of space behind the third row seats when they are in use? There is not a lot of space back there, hopefully leaving one seat folded can be an option for you.

andyboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just tested this while test driving one yesterday. Third row seats up, and we could barley fit a stroller back there.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut