Sheepskin Seat Covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

It's been a while since I posted anything, but has anyone ever had experience with sheepskin covers like below:

http://www.shearcomfort.com/

I wonder if they allow the leather to breathe? Any issues with damage?

I sat in a vehicle recently with the seat covers and they are incredibly comfortable and looked decent. I actually don't care about looks, more about function, comfort, and protection.

Thanks so much!

Regards, David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheepskin? Giddy up, cowboy! Don't know much about them, but they remind me a little too much of my parents' old Fiats... Aren't those covers uncomfortable in mild / warm weather climates, anyway? Thought they were only appropriate in Minnesota and anywhere north of. :wink:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Umberto,

Yeah, they are a bit odd, but I found a company that does extremely nice custom ones and I can basically make them the same color as my current interior (Arabica seats). I thought for sure they would be too hot in the summer, but from what this guy was telling me, they are actually nice and cool in the summer and more cozy in winter. I haven't looked into it fully, but I worry more about potential damage to the leather, though I think they are made with very nice material on the seat side.

-David

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No experience with the sheepskin on car seats...but this is typically an "immediate upgrade" for pilot and copilot seats in most mid to larger-sized aircraft. Especially when sitting for several hours, the sheepskin (which is attached to the more-important wool) prevents your pants from getting wet/sweaty and does a great job at keeping you cooler when it's hot, as it is a great insulator.

Expect similar insulating performance in the winter, however, as it is an insulator, your seat heaters will not be very effective at warming you. Of course, this may not be an issue if you live in a warmer climate.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umberto made me laugh.
Growing old David??? ;)

rovingtony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheepskin seat covers look comfortable but I don't like the way it looks. No offense meant. It looks like a rug to me.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put them in my 1996 and they are really quite nice. It's possible that they are not all equal though so I'd definitely shop around first. I got mine at Atlantic British about 8 years ago and they still look great and feel great today.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheepskin, the new-old hotness... They were once a factory accessory long ago. No experience with them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the responses - even the joking ones. ;-)

To be honest, I don't care how they look at all. I am looking more for comfort and function. I would plan to get them custom fitted (so they will be around $500) and the same color as my arabica seats.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put them in my 1996 and they are really quite nice. It's possible that they are not all equal though so I'd definitely shop around first. I got mine at Atlantic British about 8 years ago and they still look great and feel great today.
Thanks! I found a custom place that seems to do awesome work. I am still not sure if I will go that route, but leaning toward it.

By the way, THANK YOU so much for e-mail.... I'm responding to you right now! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV