How to remove little ring from smart key?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody managed to remove the little ring from the smart key? I don't attach anything to the key and would rather not have that little ring making noise as it flops around. I tried cutting it and using a small pliers, but can't get it off. It was pretty easy to remove on the old smart key.

Attachments

• IMG_2579.jpg
    IMG_2579.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 21

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pACE3-15388615enh-z7.jpg

But if you ever change your mind and do decide to attach the key to a keyring or something, it's going to be next to impossible to slide a ring back in there, so think before you snip. Also, valet is going to hate you... Nothing to hang and tag your key with. :wink:

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pACE3-15388615enh-z7.jpg

But if you ever change your mind and do decide to attach the key to a keyring or something, it's going to be next to impossible to slide a ring back in there, so think before you snip. Also, valet is going to hate you... Nothing to hang and tag your key with. :wink:

I used pliers like those but they weren't sharp enough. Maybe yours are better. I took the rings off my 2010 keys (it was a lot easier) and never missed them in the 3 years. Thanks.

mrwassa

Reaction score
found a way!

:hello: I found that if you split the key as if you are going to remove the battery then the little ring can be opened and slipped round until it is removed from the housing. No pliers or side cutting pliers needed!
:biggrin:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72