2013 LR4 new owner questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey David! Yes I will be at the annual but in the CT. My wife enjoyed a drive down to riverside today in the LR4. MPGs were 18 so she was happy. Now we are dealing with the headrest is too far forward, starting to hurt her neck. As the headrest only goes up/down we are trying to think out of the box, like using a headrest from another car that fits and just get it covered in matching leather
Cool, see you then! I actually just ordered a Kaymar rear bumper so I have a date with Pedram in a few weeks (after Michal gets his installed) to do mine and build a RHS swing-away. :)

Pedram and I spent 16 hours a few months ago installing my ARB front bumper. I hope the Kaymar is less work! :)

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time i'll have them use the sirens!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411788551.852095.jpg

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Next time i'll have them use the sirens!!View attachment 4718
You have a pretty cool job, but I don't know how you do it. I decided a long time ago (at my ripe old age of 37) to stop practicing clinical medicine and work for a pharmaceutical company. I did rural general medicine and public health work, so not nearly as glorious as a surgeon. I sort of miss it, but definitely not the paperwork and crap. So many folks in my medical school class seem to want to get into industry, unless they did a lucrative sub-specialty (which seems to take forever).

A big part of me wishes I joined the USPHS, but I'm afraid of the government. :)

El Solis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got very lucky. Worked for Kaiser for a few years, long hours for decent pay/retirement i thought but was then offered a job as a surgical hospitalist. Only take call 10 days a month (24 hour shifts, 2-3 days in a row,, when I am off other surgeons take over all the patients, can be home at night) plus a few trauma shifts so I am home 20 days a month. Picked up the flight surgeon gig (volunteer 1-2 days a month) because it sounded fun (which it is). Someone was looking out for me and my family.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV