Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NAS, who are you having do all the mod work on the Kaymar Bumper?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cut and rewelded the tire carrier arm. It is easy. The rest is sandblaster (not me) and powder coat (definitely not me). I'll post up some pics of the arm once it comes back. The welds are okay. Not great but it is simple to cut the vertical potion of the arm from the lateral and weld it a few inches over (six if I recall correct).

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally re-mounted the "moved" tire carrier after powder coat, etc. Makes a nice difference I think.

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpg
    IMG_1468.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 132

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have an update from Ben at Outback Proven. I have been in communication with him about a Kaymar rear bumper and he informed me that they will no longer offer them for sale in the US. There was some sort of buy out I guess and now he is not getting anymore in stock. He had ONE MORE kaymar rear bumper for the LR4 with LHS and I just ordered it today. I am still not 100% sure about it, as I was considering the Tactical 4x4 LR3 rear bumper to modify to my LR4. Even so, Ben gave me a deal on a LHS kit (which I will not be using), so I bought it just in case I wanted to go that route. I will work with a buddy in my rover club to create a new RHS swing away for my tire, but don't think I will be doing a LHS with jerry cans - just not needed right now.

I was still a little up in the air because Eric at Tactical 4x4 was going to be fitting one of their LR3 rear bumpers to an LR4 in the next couple weeks, so I thought that might be an option. Either way, I am going to wait a little bit to install and if I end up choosing the Tactical 4x4 (after input from Eric), then I can just sell the Kaymar since they will no longer be available to buy.

Well, I just wanted to let you guys know and will definitely reach out to NASDiesel a bit and ExPat for their experiences. Thanks!

Regards, David

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really hope someone on these shores steps it up and makes a product. The Kaymar is good but for the money, someone could make and sell a better bumper stateside.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to Outback Proven? Wanted to contact Ben with a question. Site seems down and email isn't getting response.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what happened to Outback Proven? Wanted to contact Ben with a question. Site seems down and email isn't getting response.
Hello from Boston!

Ben had told me he was likely closing operations and would re-open something for Toyota imports only, not Land Rover. Back about 1-2 months ago he said they no longer have a contract with Kaymar and won't be operating for much longer.

I bought the last Kaymar rear bumper and long-range fuel tank he had in stock.

It's really a bit sad. ;-(

Regards, David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV