Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I love the bumper, I am not in love with the mud flaps... Are their mini flaps to just cover the gap?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I love the bumper, I am not in love with the mud flaps... Are their mini flaps to just cover the gap?
I am really curious to see how expat solves the gap - not sure if these are the OEM mud flaps or something else? I know he mentioned using Range Rover ones? I don't really like the idea of mud flaps either, as I can see them getting destroyed off road.

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kaymar OnBoard.

Ok, I put the bumper on this weekend and tried to do a write-up. I ran out of time today, but I'll try to keep revising and updating as I can. I posted the write-up on Google's Blog site Here: http://expat93.blogspot.com/?view=classic I'll try to find a better place for it if this doesn't work. I'm also trying to figure out how to post the PDF of the Kaymar instructions.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I put the bumper on this weekend and tried to do a write-up. I ran out of time today, but I'll try to keep revising and updating as I can. I posted the write-up on Google's Blog site Here: http://expat93.blogspot.com/?view=classic I'll try to find a better place for it if this doesn't work. I'm also trying to figure out how to post the PDF of the Kaymar instructions.
Thank you for this incredible write up, wow! Looks awesome. Very helpful.

If I decide to go this route, I will pick your brain, though I plan to have it installed. I don't know if I would tackle this on my own.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent write up. What was the hang up on the LR mud flaps?

Expat93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sadly, I don't know. There was a small metal bracket that we just couldn't figure out. They make the instructions in pictures rather than words and I'm ashamed to say that we had a hard time with it. We did figure it out, but even afterwards, the pictures still didn't make sense. They're in and it all works. I'll post a few pics of the truck in the show-off stickie.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!

What else needs to be modified other than cutting of the exhaust and wiring?

And does anyone know if there is a 2" receiver option/mod for this bumper?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone with a Kaymar found a replacement LED light that fits the cutouts?

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Follow-up. Is anyone having an issue with the rear parking sensor picking up the handle on the tire carrier? I didn't have this immediately after install but subsequently it has been a regular issue for me in reverse. Can live with it but curious if anyone has adjusted the sensors enough to get past this?

HikeNbike

Reaction score
i turned my sensors off... to get the sensors to work you need to use that sensor deflector that came with the bumper and that looks like crap. it would not fit with my full spare anyways. If anyone needs help let me know

Attachments

• IMG_5833.jpg
    IMG_5833.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 108

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut