Conti OEM tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wportervt

Reaction score
I've found a good all-terrain tire is sufficient for winter driving here in Colorado, no need for a dedicated winter set.

I went through a couple sets of the Bridgestone Dueller A/T Revos on my old Grand Cherokee and never had a problem in any conditions. Of course with the LR4 tire size our choices are severely limited so I will be going with the Cooper's which seem to be our only option.

wportervt

Reaction score
I did see those Wranglers and they are nice and burly looking, but they appear to be more of a commercial grade tire and my assumption is that I'd be sacraficing comfort for durability. They might be a more appealing option if I planned on towing/hauling heavy loads a lot but for my needs I believe the Cooper's will be a better fit.

Just as one point of comparison the OEM Conti's are 37lbs per tire. The Cooper's also weigh in at 37lbs but the Duratrac's are 41.5lbs per tire. I'm no tire expert but I have to imagine that weight difference is going to have an effect on mileage.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex,

Long time no see, buddy!!! How are you? How's CT? :)

Nice to see you again.

-David

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did see those Wranglers and they are nice and burly looking, but they appear to be more of a commercial grade tire and my assumption is that I'd be sacraficing comfort for durability. They might be a more appealing option if I planned on towing/hauling heavy loads a lot but for my needs I believe the Cooper's will be a better fit.

Just as one point of comparison the OEM Conti's are 37lbs per tire. The Cooper's also weigh in at 37lbs but the Duratrac's are 41.5lbs per tire. I'm no tire expert but I have to imagine that weight difference is going to have an effect on mileage.

Contis are more road tire than off-road tire. It just depends what you want out of your truck. Any tire with a more durable sidewall and off-roadability is going to weigh more. It's simple fact.

ivan gonzalez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my cooper's out 4x4 and I got a cut on the side tire but it didn't pop! So I'm happy

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Alex,

Long time no see, buddy!!! How are you? How's CT? :)

Nice to see you again.

-David

Hey David, it's been a while :hello:

Traded in the RRS for a Porsche 911 Targa 4S and kept the trusty LR4. Looking forward to trying the 911 out in the snow :biggrin:

80-911_1_2897a93dac90aec0d07864a95b978a8a5f940629.jpg

80-911_3_074c58afb2092ea749bbbd7474f081d5315ef21f.jpg

wportervt

Reaction score
Sweet ride! I've got a 911 parked next to our LR4 in the garage as well (though mine is a bit older) but I try to keep it out of the snow because it isn't a C4.

Where in CT are you? I'm in CO these days but grew up back there...

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
911 / LR4 combo is great :smile:

I'm in Danbury. Just moved here a little over a year ago from Panama and last Winter was brutal. We got snow on April 15th.

I love CO, especially the Boulder area. Got a few friends living somewhere in between Denver & Boulder.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow - Alex, you got a Porsche! :)

That's a great looking car, congratulations. I am glad to hear you kept the LR4. I am still loving my 2013 and adding a lot these days (just ordered the rear bumper).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72