Lara got new shoes for her 8K birthday ;-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New wheels and tires for Lara. She was at exactly 8,000 miles when the Discount Tire rep checked the mileage - and I didn't even plan it. Really.

The "grey" wheels are growing on me, David. I wasn't sure at first. More understated.

But as all you astute observers will notice I am missing hubcaps. The ones from my 19" wheels don't fit. I'll need to fix that. I know someone else opened a thread here on that topic.

Yes, I tried to imitate some of the rest of you by posing on a rock. A small rock. :roll eyes:

P.S. For those of you who didn't see my post from a few weeks ago I have a habit of naming my vehicles with women's names. (Carry over from growing up doing sailing and because the voice system is female.) My Lexus was named "Alexis". My MDX was Maddie. I named the LR4 after the Lara Croft character in Tomb Raider. Sophisticated, elegant, intelligent and an extremely capable adventurer - not to mention good looking.)

Attachments

• IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 70

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job Dan. Wheels and tires look great.
So you opted for the HKK in 265/60R18 and the anthracite rims look great with the bronze of your truck.
How much did you end up paying for the tires? I'm considering downsizing a little ...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job Dan. Wheels and tires look great.
So you opted for the HKK in 265/60R18 and the anthracite rims look great with the bronze of your truck.
How much did you end up paying for the tires? I'm considering downsizing a little ...

Thanks!

Very little experience with the Hankooks yet. And I'm not the expert. But the service lead at my dealership has had them on his Disco II for 50K and loves them. They feel very smooth and quiet on the road but I haven't done any freeway or anything at speed.

$189 per tire.

Funny that when I check the invoice it had the following comment, "Mileage is exact." The tech couldn't believe it either that it was exactly on 8,000! It will make it easy to remember how many miles are on it and when to get the wheels rotated. ;-)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good price, I paid 199 for the 265/65 before installation. Came out to 245 per with install and alignment.
I'm even considering downsizing to the DuraTrac in 255/55R19... Not sure yet.
Found the Compos for $1,000 plus shipping (comes out to $1,450).

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the Duratracs. The Hankooks had a better load rating though they were both 4-ply.

That looks like a great price for the Compos. I paid around $425 per and that was from a former LR4 owner on this forum who bought them but never used them. He gave me a break on the price and I didn't need to pay shipping. Had I waited I may have gone with the ATXs. But I did not know about them at the time. And though I was insure about the Anthracite Compos I think they work well enough on the Bronze mid I had a white or black truck I'd prefer black I think.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

I knew the anthracite wheels would grow on you, they look awesome! Now you need to pain the vents and grill to match - hehe. I really love that look on the Nara Bronze and great choice of tire. I really like how much you are using your LR4 in just a few short months. Makes me feel like a total poser! :)

Happy Friday!

Regards, David

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good looking LR4 Dan, I always enjoy the "staged" off road shots you provide :)

bushway9172

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dan, looks great! Love the color combo. I'm with Finlay, it would look nice if you painted your grille and side vents to match the wheels!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV