2014 LR4: Biggest POS Ever Owned

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chelmreich

Reaction score
My 2014 LR4 (Late January 2014 purchase) has been in the shop for approximately 7 weeks since I got it. So far I've experienced a Charge fault failure, ground failure (car shutting off headlights and stereo for a second, then a click is heard from the glove box area and everything comes back on), and most recently the speedometer shut off, the car lowered itself and turned off most electronic functions while going 40 MPH with every light on the dash blinking like a Christmas tree.

I've only had it back for a day, but it shut off when it decided to go ECO this morning (kicked into ECO mode and then all the way off - battery light on) and required a restart.

Needless to say -- I'm not pleased with my purchase.

Craig

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am starting to enjoy all these people coming out of the woodwork now. At least I have had one consistent issue and not this cut off on me at random one.

It does seem that these issues of it just cutting off at random is increasing the most. No one else has seemed to have my issue or waterndirt's issue.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yikes, another MY14 report.
I put my order in May (Aug delivery) and then get to peruse issues new MY14 owners are having in the meantime. :argh:

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR4 is a great car ( 2010-2013 model ). Sometimes you can buy a lemon, It may happen with any car manufacturer.
I would contact Land Rover NA and open a case with them, ask for a replacement car if you would like to stay with a brand or bay back, last on my list would be a lemon law lawyer.
Recently I had some issues with my 2013 Audi S4. I opened a case with Audi of America and everything was resolved to my satisfaction. They made me a happy Audi S4 owner again.
It is all about how Land Rover will handle the case.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TLB - I completely agree. I bought a 1996 Audi A4...when I pulled off the dealer lot with 8 miles on the odometer and came to the first stop light, I pushed-in the clutch, it went flat as nuts, bolts & springs rained on my feet. It was just the start of so many parts and repairs. It was in the shop at least twice a month for 2 years and the 49,900 miles I owned it. But I loved the way it drove and the dealer did an amazing job of handling every repair perfectly. That made me a loyal Audi driver for the next 15 years. And my 2002 allroad had even worse reliability. But again, it was all about driving a vehicle that I loved and a dealer that was willing to fix everything to my satisfaction.

eye.surgeon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe 2011 was a good year as mine has been flawless for it's first 28k miles.

RBA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the 2014's are the first year with the Eco feature? My '13 doesn't have it. I could see the system screw up and shut the car in inappropriate times...that totally sucks and is a serious danger. The NHTSA needs to be notified.

Nasi

Reaction score
Tranmission Faults must be a problem with the new '14 LR4's. Mine has only 2,600 miles and it's now back at the dealer for the 2nd time in the last 2 weeks. It won't engage any gear, even neutral, so it's had to be towed twice. First time in, the service manager told me there was a problem with the "transmission pan when the temperature goes below 15 degrees". The car lasted 3 days on the road before it failed again. Really frustrating.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tranmission Faults must be a problem with the new '14 LR4's. Mine has only 2,600 miles and it's now back at the dealer for the 2nd time in the last 2 weeks. It won't engage any gear, even neutral, so it's had to be towed twice. First time in, the service manager told me there was a problem with the "transmission pan when the temperature goes below 15 degrees". The car lasted 3 days on the road before it failed again. Really frustrating.

Sorry to hear that. How many times have you had to take it in all together? Are you thinking of Lemon Law the vehicle?

Nasi

Reaction score
This is the 2nd time in, so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed and hope they can fix it! From what I can find online it's got to go in 4 times before I can do anything?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA