Showoff Your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am glad to hear you like the Valeo All Season blades, as I am looking to get new front blades and a rear blade. We don't get much rain in northern CA in the summer, so I still have my stock blades. On my previous LR4 I had the Bosch, but I did not care for them as much as I once did on previous vehicles. There was a LOT of streaking and the rubber gets very sticky in the heat (and it's not that hot here most of the time). I was going to try the RainX, but will look into the Valeo. Did you replace your rear blade?

Thanks!

Regards, David

I have not but most likely will before the next northeast winter.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No More Singing!

Just curious, what exactly do you mean by the constant "singing".

Removed the crossbars (Thule) and the basket (Yakima) and, behold, the high pitched whine is gone. I suspected this might be the case as I screwed up the install on the Thule bars leaving a hole on the top of the front bar. Think of it like a very large flute with air flowing over the hole at 50+ MPH. Of course I could have easily fixed it with a bit of duct tape. ;-)

Dan

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First definite "off road" experience today. With a group event organized and sponsored by Land Rover Denver. Included some very helpful folks from the Solihul Society (Colorado Land Rover club). Cascade Creek trail south of Idaho Spring, CO. Rocky, rocky, rocky. 15 miles of "rocky". ;-) Following are some pics from one of 4 areas where we needed some spotting.

Sporting the new Compomotives (had lots of complements) and Hankook 265/60/R18s.

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First definite "off road" experience today. With a group event organized and sponsored by Land Rover Denver. Included some very helpful folks from the Solihul Society (Colorado Land Rover club). Cascade Creek trail south of Idaho Spring, CO. Rocky, rocky, rocky. 15 miles of "rocky". ;-) Following are some pics from one of 4 areas where we needed some spotting.

Sporting the new Compomotives (had lots of complements) and Hankook 265/60/R18s.

Pics look great dan!

One word of advice, watch your sunroof being open when wheeling! A guy on my outing had his open and a tree branch decided it didn't like it very much and removed it for him.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One word of advice, watch your sunroof being open when wheeling! A guy on my outing had his open and a tree branch decided it didn't like it very much and removed it for him.

Ha ha! (OK, not very funny for the guy on your outing.) Thanks for the advice. Never even crossed my mind. The drive was slow going through the section with obstacles so we had our windows open as well as we were going very slow and waiting a lot.

And as all of you who have been on narrowish trails - yes, I will need some wax work this week to get out the pinstripes.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha ha! (OK, not very funny for the guy on your outing.) Thanks for the advice. Never even crossed my mind. The drive was slow going through the section with obstacles so we had our windows open as well as we were going very slow and waiting a lot.

I always wheel with windows down and sunroof open but I couldn't believe it when the guy came back from the afternoon run with duck tape holding it down and they said a branch caught it at crawling speeds and pulled it off.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

And as all of you who have been on narrowish trails - yes, I will need some wax work this week to get out the pinstripes.
Dan, the photos are awesome - it looks like your LR4 (and your driving skills) handled everything very nice. That's a bit like some of the terrain out here - lots of rocks! I am glad to hear the tires did well with no issues.

I know what you mean about pin stripes - ugh, my last day of off roading gave me some pretty good ones.

I always keep my sun roof closed as well - I've been down a few trails where there could have been issues.

Looks like you had a great day!

Landroverer4

Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Florida and I was wondering if their was anywhere I could go off-road bear Tampa...btw I have a stock hse lux so nothing too extreme

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I live in Florida and I was wondering if their was anywhere I could go off-road bear Tampa...btw I have a stock hse lux so nothing too extreme
Hey there,

Brandon has not been on, but he is in Tampa and goes to Citrus quite often and knows a few places. Let me text him for you now.......

-David

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV