2011MY Trasmission Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattypV50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So something weird is happening.

For a while now I've noticed when I back out of my driveway onto the road and go from R to D it would take a bit for the drive to engage. Then one time it didn't engage and just rev'd. The street is on a bit of a hill.

Then yesterday, driving home from the cottage (car was sitting for 6 days) got in it and no problems. About 5 minutes into the drive at a stop light, went to go and nothing, just rev'd. Happened twice in 2 minutes. Got on the highway and seemed ok for the 2 hour drive home. However, I did hit the gas hard to pass and it seemed a bit harsh on the downshift when it caught the gear.

Today, got into it and driving up a small hill and I think it must have shifted and it just rev'd. I had to pull over. Shifted it into Command and down to first gear and it was ok.

Taking it into the dealership either tomorrow or Monday but obviously can't really drive it anywhere with 2 kids in the back.

Anyone heard of issues like this?

The only major service I've had is that timing issue on the engine on the 2011MY where the soilnoids (?) are bad or something? I know it was a big job but that was probably 1.5 years ago that was done. Since then all good. Until this :frown:

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the transmission fluid yet? I guess if you are having a dealer take a look, let us know what they find.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72