Is buying an LR4 w/ 66k miles madness?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LR's seem to need a reboot from time-to-time (about every 6 months in my case). This is simply pulling one battery terminal, counting to 10, and then reconnecting and of course resetting the clock.

Quite interesting and the first time I've read about this related to a car.
In theory it makes sense in that the complexity between HW and SW in the vehicle would seem to benefit from being initialized every once in a while (just like most any electrical device).

Who knows, maybe LR CS will be like this soon?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p85xwZ_OLX0

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the key recognition module on my MY13 LR4 stop working on me. Not even putting the key under the steering column would work. Did a reboot and it fixed it. Annoying but it works. I may need to build in a 'reboot' switch on my positive battery cable.

BznLR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the key recognition module on my MY13 LR4 stop working on me. Not even putting the key under the steering column would work. Did a reboot and it fixed it. Annoying but it works. I may need to build in a 'reboot' switch on my positive battery cable.

Same thing happened to me, but at least the key under the steering column still worked. I let an O'Reilly's employee use their scanner to see why my "check engine" light was on. In trying to clear the error, he apparently cleared the key codes! Fortunately, disconnecting the battery reset the system and also cleared the "check engine" error.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happened to me. Got it towed to the dealer (back when I was in MA) and they installed a brand new key recognition module and had to re-program the keys. Eventually the cluster died and they had to swap that too.
When they did it, they blamed most of my past problems on the instrument cluster...
Pretty happy with having a CPO ;)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA