Rain sensor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tim e

Reaction score
The rain sensor on my 2010 LR4 does not work. I have replaced the sensor and it still does not work. The wipers work fine otherwise and the sensor adjustment on the stalk now adjusts like interminent wipers.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what might be happening with my rain sensing?

Thanks,
Tim

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it ever work (not sure if rain sensing wipers are standard on every trim)? Do your auto headlamps operate fine? The sensor in front of the mirror does double duty as rain and light detector for wipers and headlights. If the headlamps turn on and off automatically OK, perhaps your car is incorrectly configured without the rain sensor in the Car Configuration File, which would make it default to "regular" intermittent wipers. Might be something for a dealer or indy shop equipped with compatible diagnostics to investigate.

Last edited:

tim e

Reaction score
I do not know if they ever worked, I recently picked the car up used. It is the LUX model and the headlight sensor works fine. I will look into getting the Car Configuration File looked at. Thanks umbertob.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick