Lr4 Mpg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
??

ok..so...
again my next fillup resulted in 16.1 mpgs...city, driving normal.

Computer readout says 17.4

why is there such a descrepency? :stupid:

Last edited:

BruceK

Reaction score
ok..so...

Don't know. But I've seen similar discrepancies with the GTI we used to have and the Outback we have now. I just shake my head and move on... :biggrin:

BTW - I can't wait to hear what sort of highway mileage you get on the LR4. I'm debating now whether to hold onto my '03 D2 or go for an LR4.

BruceK

Reaction score
ok..so...

I've been giving this some more thought. To narrow down the source of error you'd need to fill the LR4 at the same pump each time and to stop adding gas at the same time too (no topping off). And record more digits to the amount of gas you add too. The computer in the truck will give you the mpg according to the amount of gas used, but when you manually compute the number you're using the amount of gas you've just added. Not necessarily the same thing depending on how the truck was filled up each time.

And Yes, I'm an engineer. How did you guess? :proud:

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bruce, I have actually filled up at the same place and the same pump each time....not by any design, its just where i go and the way i pull in the station.

I have watched the top offs and the most i have seen is like .05 cents to round off...i use a cc so it doesnt matter plus i dont want gas all over the side of the truck. I will try what you said, see if that number gets closer.

thanks

j

BruceK

Reaction score
I'd read it too and it made sense but I have no other explanation for the discrepancy. I know that when I fill my Disco, depending on the pump, I can put in an additional gallon or more after initial shutoff. <shrug> I really have no clue... Just ask my wife... :dontknow:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, sorry I wasn't fast enough in deleting it. Too Funny...

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Bruce, 15.4 was my last tank manually. Computer had me at 16.8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV