LR4 Camera System Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My LR4

Reaction score
I had the same problem before on my old 2011 LR4 , they change some wire then it was fine till I sold it .

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dear All,

Many thanks for everyone’s input!

Update for the group: so I have still been having problems with the cameras, they go in and out. I am quite certain that in my particular case, it is a wiring harness issue. This is a serious problem with trucks that do a lot of off-road heavy duty because driving shakes the bejezes out of every component, dust gets into every component…and so electronics don’t work quite as well as engineered.

I do not get the “blue screen” folks are referring to, but a fault message (my picture in the original post) telling me the system is not working…and you cannot even bring the cameras up on the display.

Spoonito,

How did your trip to the dealership go? Were they able to fix your issue? I may be headed back to the states out of Africa this fall and may need to bring it in to the dealer for troubleshooting and a fix.

Cheers,
Land Rover Joe

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trip #3 they said there was nothing wrong and they were working as "intended". However I'm getting blue screens again so it'll be trip #4 next week.

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back from trip #4 to the dealership. I'm hoping that this is it for the camera system. From the conversation with the service advisor and the service sheet, the routing for the wiring and/or the filters were not ideal. This may have been causing the flickering I've been getting and blue screens. They rerouted the wiring and filters, then performed a software update / recalibration. So far so good.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So back from trip #4 to the dealership. I'm hoping that this is it for the camera system. From the conversation with the service advisor and the service sheet, the routing for the wiring and/or the filters were not ideal. This may have been causing the flickering I've been getting and blue screens. They rerouted the wiring and filters, then performed a software update / recalibration. So far so good.
I'm crossing my fingers! One would hope the fourth time is a charm.

Keep us posted.

-David

Spoonito

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the forth time is not a charm... So the left wing mirror camera is half pink.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 34

rovernut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW....can't believe land rover can't figure this one out....depending on where you are you have a built in lemon law feature when you order with the vision assist package!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have VA and have had no issues, except for the occassional blue screen. Took it in for the second service this week and they performed a TSB on the cameras which should resolve the issue.

Last edited: