Comp PD1880 hubcaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
With the dual batteries, most have a battery under the bonnet, but after having batteries failing too frequently over the years from under bonnet heat I now have it located in the rear. It's a 105amp agm in a battery box, charged by a redarc dc to dc charger. Dc charger is hooked into an accessories live power (30amp fused under the dash) in the rear left hand side panel. This turns the charger on and then puts up to 20 amps into the battery. Voltage drop is not an issue and its a 3 stage battery charger. 70 litre fridge is located between the battery and the tailgate on a customer fridge slide/box. Next to the battery I have located my compressor. Having fridge and compressor close to the battery sees no voltage drop and fridge runs up to 3 days without D4 being turned on. I also have outlets that run led lights in the roof topper, on the awning and also my inverter to charge iPhone, iPad, etc...everything in one place.

Brett....

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perfect, fully inflated (I got 5 new TPMS sensors on the new wheels and the warning light never even went off) and without removing the exhaust heat shield. If it was 1 mm larger, I don't think it would have fit, seriously. There is zero clearance all around.

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awesome. if you ever get around to taking a picture, I'd love to see how it looks. Strange about the hubcaps...famous British quality control ? :) Hope it works out.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More photos:

Regular height
comps9.jpg

comps91.jpg

comps95.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offset of the Compomotive wheels has been decreased to ET44 (from stock 53) to make room for the front calipers, so the wheels "stick out" an extra 9mm (approx. 1/3") compared to the stock setup. The bulging sidewalls of the plus sized tires amplify the "wide track" effect. I like the look, the stance appears more aggressive to my eyes.

comps92.jpg

comps93.jpg

Spare tire hangs a bit low - it's a chunky tire - but still not as low as the exhaust in front of it.
comps4.jpg

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And this is access height. I drove around in the parking lot at locked access height and could not hear or feel any rubbing regardless of steering angle.

comps6.jpg

comps7.jpg

comps8.jpg

comps94.jpg

Hopefully you don't have the color red permanently burned into your retina.

Last edited:

discotwinturbo

Reaction score
Great shots Umberto.....she looks the part.

I drive around with LLAMS set at -20 and no rubbing when using my 285/60-18's. still wont rub on access and -20. They do rub ever so slightly on full lock in reverse on the chassis rail.

Might need to go out and give my Fuji White a polish after looking at the depth of your colour.

Brett.....

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slack