Comp PD1880 hubcaps?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Umbertob,

Your truck is beautiful - wow, what a gorgeous color and looks incredible in the black trim and new wheels/tires.

It will look awesome with a black rack! What an awesome LR4!!!

You are making me possibly want red :)

-David

bromhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....looks awesome.
Let us know what happens with the hubcaps...
I am envious of your sidewalls (yes, what a weird thing to say). Hardly a day goes by without cursing mine...i really don't like the soccer mom look (apologies to soccer moms, my wife included!)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow....looks awesome.
Let us know what happens with the hubcaps...
I am envious of your sidewalls (yes, what a weird thing to say). Hardly a day goes by without cursing mine...i really don't like the soccer mom look (apologies to soccer moms, my wife included!)
You sound almost as weird as me. ;-) HAHAHA! :)

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For now I've attached the glossy black ones with a bead of non-hardening gasket-maker silicone sealant we use for espresso machines repairs on each of the 6 plastic clips behind the caps... The sealant seems to be holding them in place (I've had them on for about a week now) and they should pop out fairly easy when required because of the type of silicone I used.

Meanwhile, Compomotive suggested the same caps as the ones you linked above, they even offered to sell me a set real cheap as apparently those are the caps they designed their wheel around. I guess there is a substantial difference in clips diameter between those and the other ones out there. As soon as I lose mine while wheeling :biggrin:, I might follow your lead and paint a set of those flat black as well. They may even look better than the glossy ones. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this info. I just pulled the trigger on black compomotive rims today and will make sure i pick up those center caps.

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome umberto. Apologize if I missed it, but I assume that those are 275/60-18's? I had the 265 Yoko's on my prior LR3, and thought they were a great all-around AT.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV