offroaders - what shoes do you wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I usually just toss on my old hiking boots but on our last weekend trip up the Los Padres National Forest I decided that the boots needed to be retired. Always thought driving with hiking boots to be a little clumsy and curious if you guys have better options?

And to showoff my truck :)

photo_zpsfc69929d.jpg

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skipped this thread at first, thinking it was yet another one about tires... :smile: I have a pair of Columbia North Plains mid-height hiking boots that I love, they are pretty lightweight and breathable, fit me like a glove and are actually every bit as comfortable as a good pair of tennis shoes, only far sturdier. I have no problem driving with them.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I skipped this thread at first, thinking it was yet another one about tires... :smile: I have a pair of Columbia North Plains mid-height hiking boots that I love, they are pretty lightweight and breathable, fit me like a glove and are actually every bit as comfortable as a good pair of tennis shoes, only far sturdier. I have no problem driving with them.
Totally agree with Umberto - I have the same shoes and love them! Very comfortable and last forever.

Adrenalinsports

Reaction score
I was an outdoor climbing guide for over 5 years. Most people buy too much shoe for the job. Usually trail running shoes are the very best hiking shoe. Yes they will wear out faster than a full grain leather boot but you will have much happier feet. If you require ankle support than get a high top version. If you think you will be on wet trails than get a Gortex trail running shoe. Leather boots make your feet sweat a lot more which increases the chances of blisters a lot.

Just my .02,

Jud

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was an outdoor climbing guide for over 5 years. Most people buy too much shoe for the job. Usually trail running shoes are the very best hiking shoe. Yes they will wear out faster than a full grain leather boot but you will have much happier feet. If you require ankle support than get a high top version. If you think you will be on wet trails than get a Gortex trail running shoe. Leather boots make your feet sweat a lot more which increases the chances of blisters a lot.

Just my .02,

Jud

I always go into the woods for hiking and wheeling with my trusty pair of trail running shoes. Never had an issue. Feet are comfy when having to get out and scope out the trail or view the scenery and I'm happy because the shoes are lighter and more sensitive to the feedback of the pedals.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA