offroaders - what shoes do you wear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, David, since you bike to work I want you to know that the permanent plates I put on my LR4 yesterday are "Share the Road" plates. I haven't done much riding the past 18 months due to minor injuries and burnout. But for a few years I was rode regularly. I still have 5 bikes but the only one that sees action these days is my mountain bike and even that is simply short rides in the hills above our house. Maybe next year. I might consider riding to work by office is 50' from my bedroom. So I guess that doesn't count. ;-)

I share your frustration with distracted drivers. So dangerous. People don't respect the potential dangers of driving a 2 ton vehicle around. And they don't respect others on the road. The worst is the danger. Then there is the annoyance of being left at a light because the guy in front of you wasn't driving, he was texting. When you get behind the wheel your sole job is to drive. Period.
I could not agree more! I think with all this technology, cars should turn off the cell phone when in drive. I know that sounds rather crazy, but using the phone and texting are almost an epidemic.

My proposal for a punishment is as follows. Police grab the phone, crush it, order the person out of the car, make them pick up trash for 3 hours, and then pay a huge fine.

Then again, I am a little crazy.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that by the time my kids drive there will be features where I can ensure their phones can't distract them while they're driving (sending/receiving texts, calls, social media apps, etc).

As bad as teen drivers are, I can't imagine having this extra distraction while I was cutting my teeth behind the wheel, frightening.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping that by the time my kids drive there will be features where I can ensure their phones can't distract them while they're driving (sending/receiving texts, calls, social media apps, etc).

As bad as teen drivers are, I can't imagine having this extra distraction while I was cutting my teeth behind the wheel, frightening.
Depending on how old they are, they probably won't even be verbally communicating, it will be via implanted computers and texting. I know kids in San Carlos are completely spoiled and have absolutely no social skills.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV