09 RR Supercharged "Transmission Fault Stop with Care"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilyuhm

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am fairly new to this forum and problems with my Range Rover. My wife was driving it when she mentioned that a warning popped up on the dash. "Transmission Fault Stop With Care". She also mentioned that a couple of lights came on "Brake & ABS". Can anyone tell me what might cause this. My RR has 98,400 miles on it. Please advise. Thanks for your help.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. First things first, Have you Battery tested, it sounds like it is at the end of it's life span.

wilyuhm

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. First things first, Have you Battery tested, it sounds like it is at the end of it's life span.

Thanks for the welcome and the help. I have not tried that yet. I will do that later today. I'll keep you posted of the results. Again thanks

Rookie

Reaction score
I am interested in these results as well. I just bought a RR SC 2008. I've only had it for a few days and I'm experiencing a few weird flashes on the dash... Then they just go away. For example; Suspension fault reduce speed to 30mph. There were a couple others that I can't recall exactly what they said. My wife doesn't want to drive it! She doesn't trust it at all. :hmpf:

~Rookie

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Any time you start getting weird electrical errors on a Land Rover or Jaguar, always check the battery first, they only last 4 years at the most. I know some people can get 6 years but this is not the normal. When you battery starts to die, you will start getting errors. Always check the battery first. If the battery is good, check the battery cables. Basically most weird errors are electrical.

WaisalimaMan

Reaction score
faults

You can also look under the spare tire. There's a small bundle of wires under the tire but on top of the floor pan there that can get pinched by an improperly positioned spare tire. Mostly you'll get suspension faults and suspension problems from that part of the wire loom, but check that anyway. It's easy to repair the wires.

Rookie

Reaction score
Any time you start getting weird electrical errors on a Land Rover or Jaguar, always check the battery first, they only last 4 years at the most. I know some people can get 6 years but this is not the normal. When you battery starts to die, you will start getting errors. Always check the battery first. If the battery is good, check the battery cables. Basically most weird errors are electrical.

Joey,

What would be the best type of Battery to put in these Rovers? ****** Lead? Glass Matt? I'm familiar with battery types. I have a large Vessel with House batteries, port side, starboard side engine Batteries.... So I know type and groups of batteries can be very particular. Please advise.

~Rookie

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes LR is notorious for electrical gremlins as soon as there is any voltage drop from the battery.

We have and LR3 and a RR and I use the Interstate Batteries in both and replace them pretty much right at 3 years regardless of whether I have any issues or not. It's it worth it to me to NOT get that phone call from my wife saying she is standed, or something whacky is going on with the dash lights.

Hopefully that is all that it is. Otherwise, as was mentioned above, you will have to check around for any pinched wires that could be causing the issue. Or if there are any signs of water ingress anywhere that could short something.

wilyuhm

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for their input. You guys were correct. I had changed the battery. The lifespan of this one was coming to an end. Swapping out that and airing up my spare tire fixed all the electrical problems I was having. Again thanks for the effort.
I ended up just going to Sears and got my battery there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV