no heat, please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troy5174

Reaction score
I have a 02 disco 2 se7, that the heat stopped working in, prior to the heat going out I've been hearing some bubbling from the glove box area wich still persists. And also the truck is wanting to over heat, and if I crank up the a.c. the temperature gauge drops close to normal range. Any suggestions or ideas on what could be going on, please help?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to be kidding. Prey you haven't torched your engine because you haven't even check your coolant level.
I would seriously suggest you stop driving your Disco until you have a good mechanic find your coolant leak. By the way how hot has your temp gauge gotten to, if you have been into the red a couple of times chance are you may have dropped sleeve from excess.

troy5174

Reaction score
No, there is coolant in it- I have been checking it frequently. Though I'm not familiar with the term " dropped sleeve from excess " I am fairly familiar with a engine.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gurgling from the dash/heater core is the first indiactor you have air trapped in the engine.
Again, have you allowed the temp gauge to get into the reed, and do you know how to bleed the coolant?

troy5174

Reaction score
Yes, the red high temperature light has come on twice. No I've never bled a coolant system. Any suggestions?

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Based on you original message, and don't take this wrong, you should not attempt a fix. Do you have a good Rover mechanic or shop?
If you can follow directions, I would be glad to walk you thru what to check/do.

troy5174

Reaction score
I service my own vehicle, at my jobs garage.
If you can, I would appreciate any information that can help me out

mark D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That bubbeling sound you hear from the glove box sounds like air in your coolant from a blown head gasket. Mine sounded the same way when I drove around with a blown head gasket, and it heated up until I changed the radiator. I was replacing the coolant through my cylinder with air from the compression. (Ya know suck water; compress air back into the water). Does it gurggle when you first take off like its the bell housing or dash board???
Check you coolant for hydrocarbons. It won't be in your oil because you are getting air in the coolant.

You can do a blead down test on your cylinders and most likely the radiator will bubble as well when you get to the right cylinder if its a head gasket and the leak is bad enough.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72