Sunroof Leak/Water Ingress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

biggwulf

Reaction score
I have a 2005 LR3. The hose that drains from the sunroof is disconnected on the front right hand side. I used the technical bulletin attached an need help with number 5.

1. Turn the wheels to the fully left lock position.
NOTE: GTR lookup sequence is as follows:
GTR Home > NAS > Service Information/ LA LR3/2006> Workshop Manuals > Discovery 3/LR3
2005 Workshop Manual > Bookmark "Body and Paint/Body and Paint/501-08 Exterior Trim and
Ornamentation" > Link "Fender moulding (76.43.54)"
2. Refer to GTR Workshop Manual Section 76.43.54 and partially
release the left-hand front fender molding.
3. Partially release the left-hand front wheel arch lining, to gain
access to the roof opening panel drain tube. (Figure 7)
4. Verify that the drain tube is protruding through the hole in the
body.
5. If the drain tube is not protruding perform the following:
NOTE: GTR lookup sequence is as follows:
GTR Home > NAS > Service Information/ LA LR3/2006>
Workshop Manuals > Discovery 3/LR3 Workshop Manual >
Bookmark "Electrical Distribution/418-00" > Link "Central Junction Box (CJB) (86.70.56)"
• Refer to GTR Workshop Manual Section 86.70.56 and remove the CJB to gain access to the
sunroof panel drain tube.
• Connect and secure the drain tube through the hole in the body.
• Check the valve of the roof opening panel drain tube can be fully opened. (Figure 5)
• If the valve can not be opened, cut as required to permit full opening. (Figure 5)

hell pie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The drain tube on the front right hand side is behind the fender air intake. Remove the plastic grill, remove the rubber scoop, and then remove the foam behind that. But if the drain tube is truly disconnected, the issue will likely be in the a-pillar.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...The hose that drains from the sunroof is disconnected on the front right hand side. ...

I think you need to specify WHERE the hose is not showing where you think it should be. All you said was "disconnected". Not where.

A wet floor usually means it's clogged up high somewhere, at the roof usually. Mine did this last year after being parked outside too often I guess. Where it comes out way down in the fender isn't going to matter much because that area would just drain onto the ground, worse case splattering on the inside of the fender.

To get water into the cabin then down into the floor, it has to be stopping up withing the line itself somewhere.

The guy who fixed mine showed me how to fix it:

-pull A pillar interior trim.
-locate plastic drain tube (I think it was solid black)
-cut said tube for purpose of splicing in an easily removable section for future de-clogging by simply blowing into it with tight seal of mouth on tube / or compressed air source.
-have sun roof open to visually inspect entrance to drainage cleaning out if needed.

Anyway, compressed air into top drain entrance ought to clear it out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA