LR3 Subwoofer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rchase

Reaction score
Waiting for the picture

I sold the car but there it is.. sounded unreal

IMG_1167.jpg

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jealous. I want to do a custom sound setup, but the thought of spending $500+ on one small subwoofer is mind blowing to me. I've had two 15" Kicker L5's and a 2500watt amp with custom enclosure on my old rig for cheaper than what it could cost me for an LR3 setup with smaller components. Not worth it.

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a box with two 10"s behind the 3rd row. There is enough speakerwire to put it behind the 2nd row where its more practical, but the sound quality is not a good. I put the monoblock amp and speake-to-line out box in tailgate where the oem sub was. The box is easily removed if space is needed and I can still use the factory SUB level control.

IMAG0319.jpg

I have my old sub if anyone needs it.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey i own a White 2011 LR4 HSE that came with the stock 240 watt Harmon Kardon system, I just purchased this entire set up that you have here and like you, i also am on a budget and also did not want to lose cargo/seating capacity. This is all that i have purchased:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-feGJmhsUoXr/app/cart/default.aspx?nolp=true&emKey=897342&emType=3

I am also fairly new at this stuff and would greatly appreciate if you can tell me step by step on how to connect this sub and amp and to do all this wiring. I am really new at this so full detailed step by step instructions please! Thanks!

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THe sub goes for 249.00 at the majority of quality car audio shops, the amp 299.00. Wiring kit was about 60 bucks and the knob all together was 40 and the line converter was 18 bucks. You dont "have" to use that amp any amp that can push 200 x 1 at 4 ohms will work but they key too almost all car audio is Quality over quantity. Theres a lot of companies out there that over cheaper stuff but it wont sound anywhere as good. Here are some pictures of my set up.
5645932785_961a1dec04.jpg
IMG_1000000129
by StevenJ_AK, on Flickr5645938297_310841467f.jpg
IMG_1000000130
by StevenJ_AK, on Flickr5646505044_135f93256d.jpg
IMG_1000000131
by StevenJ_AK, on Flickr5646493636_2933e95228.jpg
IMG_1000000128
by StevenJ_AK, on Flickr

I know I’m only 7 years late but I was thinking about making a sub upgrade in my 2010 LR4 with the 480w logic7 Harmon/Kardon System with a little saved up cash and was wondering if you remembered the total charge for everything you had the shop do with labor included so I could get an estimate for how much I’m in for. Thanks let me know.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A custom subwoofer enclosure box that fits in the rear third row with amplifier set me back a grand. That includes all the labor as well. It cost a lot cause the guy had to make the box from scratch and i bought a pretty expensive subwoofer and amp. The amp i bought could easily handle more subs if i decide to expand later on. The guy made the sub box long and skinny so i still have full function of the third row seats. It sits on the drivers side. He wrapped the box in the same color leather as my seats. It's a 12inch sub. It has made driving so pleasurable. It's money well spent in my opinion. You could go a cheaper route and just buy a ready made subwoofer with enclosure, but you'll lose 3rd row seat usage and cargo space. Ill post pics tomorrow if you're curious. I had a dude named Jack out in Brooklyn hook me up.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A custom subwoofer enclosure box that fits in the rear third row with amplifier set me back a grand. That includes all the labor as well. It cost a lot cause the guy had to make the box from scratch and i bought a pretty expensive subwoofer and amp. The amp i bought could easily handle more subs if i decide to expand later on. The guy made the sub box long and skinny so i still have full function of the third row seats. It sits on the drivers side. He wrapped the box in the same color leather as my seats. It's a 12inch sub. It has made driving so pleasurable. It's money well spent in my opinion. You could go a cheaper route and just buy a ready made subwoofer with enclosure, but you'll lose 3rd row seat usage and cargo space. Ill post pics tomorrow if you're curious. I had a dude named Jack out in Brooklyn hook me up.

I would love to see pictures so I have an idea of what I want unfortunately I live in Los Angeles so I would have to find someone to do it here. If anyone knows anyone that will do it in LA please let me know.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA