New 2015 LR4 HSE Lux seems uneven, leans to right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Hello all!

I didn't find this topic in the LR4 section so thought I'd try this here.

I am new here and a first time Rover owner.

I have a 4-day old, 30 miles on it, 2015 LR4 HSE Lux and the right side of the vehicle is about an inch lower than the left side. I've seen folks mention older models with this issue in other places in this forum.

I used a carpenter's level to test my garage floor (perfectly level) and then put the level on the rear bumper and sure enough my eye was right.

Now, when I'm driving it feels fine. No pulling, tires are completely aligned; in fact I tested by taking my hands off the steering wheel for a bit and the car moved in a perfectly straight line. Most roads are domed so everyone tilts to the right on most roads, and when I drive over what looks to be a level road the car feels just fine to me although it looks visually like the right side of hood is a little lower than it should be.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a problem? Is there an adjustment to the suspension software or calibration that I need to ask my techs to do?

Other than that so far I really like this machine and as long as I treat it well I hope it returns the favor for many years to come :)

K

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I didn't find this topic in the LR4 section so thought I'd try this here.

I am new here and a first time Rover owner.

I have a 4-day old, 30 miles on it, 2015 LR4 HSE Lux and the right side of the vehicle is about an inch lower than the left side. I've seen folks mention older models with this issue in other places in this forum.

I used a carpenter's level to test my garage floor (perfectly level) and then put the level on the rear bumper and sure enough my eye was right.

Now, when I'm driving it feels fine. No pulling, tires are completely aligned; in fact I tested by taking my hands off the steering wheel for a bit and the car moved in a perfectly straight line. Most roads are domed so everyone tilts to the right on most roads, and when I drive over what looks to be a level road the car feels just fine to me although it looks visually like the right side of hood is a little lower than it should be.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a problem? Is there an adjustment to the suspension software or calibration that I need to ask my techs to do?

Other than that so far I really like this machine and as long as I treat it well I hope it returns the favor for many years to come :)

K

The dealer can run a recalibration of the suspension. My bet is they did not do this during the delivery prep.

I've done this recently as I had a similar issue with the driver's front wheel height sensor acting up.

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Thanks Nasdiesel for the info! I'm getting mudflaps put on next week so I'll mention this.

Take care!

:driver:

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Hi all, hope all of us USA'ers had a nice labor day holiday weekend.

So, I got my car back, and they did not make any adjustments to the ride height staying that all 4 were in spec. I've read this elsewhere that others have had dealers tell them this. I asked one of the service leaders what the "spec" was but he wasn't exact in his response. So, I took measurement system analysis into my own hands. The front right seemed to look really low to me but when I did measurements from an even surface with car in park and off, the driver side rear is .875 inches higher than the front left, and, 1.25 inches higher than the front right. The front wheels are within .25 inches of each other so it appears that the left rear is "driving" the height difference issue.

I've been looking online for a technical spec manual for the 2015 LR4 HSE but so far no luck.

does anyone here know what the ride height tolerance upper and lower spec limits are? If not does anyone know how I can get a free tech manual?

I'd really like to get these settings adjusted but I feel as if I need to tell the dealer how I want them set, so having a tech manual would help greatly.

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut