BLACK 2011 land rover LR4 ''METROPOLIS'' limited edition????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the metropolis is an HSE with a few accessories like full roof rack, white trim interior...etc. Outside has the black grill and side air intake and 20" wheels. Beyond that, from the LR Dallas webpage that had one, the only option on it was the HSE...no lux, which to me seems a little funny to call it "metropolis" when the lux seems more fitting of the term. You can get al the same accessories sans the grill and the white trim but to me, what comes in the base lux is a better value. That's just my opinion even though it looks pretty sharp...well, all LR4s look sharp to me.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what exactly was the significance of the Metropolis package? outside of wheels and extended roof rails i don't see much difference. could anyone explain?

BlueOvalConvert

Reaction score
In addition to the blacked-out exterior changes, the interior is also different. The black leather seats have white stitching. Everything else in the interior is also black -- carpets, dash, center console, floor mats, etc.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have black interior outside of the contrast stitching what exactly is different?

irekicker.blogspot.com2011-land-rover-lr4-interior.jpg

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply put, that "Metropolis - Limited Edition" was simply what is currently the "Black Package" before it existed. Contrast stitching might be the only difference these days. Up till that point, there was no blacked out version of the LR4. I am guessing the positive feedback from that led to the current day Black Pack option.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Landmark model is a 2016 HSE-LUX with fancy 20" wheels and full length silver roof rails. LR probably had too many of these high-end wheels and full length silver roof rails on hand, so with the model production ending, decided to offer them standard on the "Landmark" model.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased one recently and take delivery this week. Basically a swan song edition... Every brand has one at the end of the life cycle of a vehicle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA