Trailer Brake Module Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "IQ" sounds cool although I don't know how it compares to the P3 I have. Just get the most expensive model of that brand and you should be covered ;)

When I got mine several years ago the P3 I think was the top model and it's been great so far over 10,000 miles.

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "IQ" sounds cool although I don't know how it compares to the P3 I have. Just get the most expensive model of that brand and you should be covered ;)

When I got mine several years ago the P3 I think was the top model and it's been great so far over 10,000 miles.

Ahhh... great minds think alike. I ended up going with the P2. I believe I had the P2 in my LR3 and really liked it. :hello:

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The one you show above is what I am using. Just used it this weekend pulling a travel trailer (probably about 5800 lbs at most) up and down the mountains of Colorado. Worked well. It did take some time to get it adjusted. I needed to find a level road where I could get my speed with the trailer to 25 mph and then manually apply the trailer brakes to make sure they didn't lock up. I also use the boost capability as I have a Hensley hitch and it simply works better with a bit more boost.

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I am pulling. I met another LR4 owner on the Forest River forum for these brands that is pulling the same trailer. They also use a Prodigy controller. The trailer is about 5100 dry weight and a GVWR of about 6500 lbs.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.jpg
    IMG_0925.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 3I1A3827.jpg
    3I1A3827.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 34

Rlbol

Reaction score
Does anyone have pictures of the best place to mount the controller?
I have a mv 12 lr4 and have not found a very good place to mount it?

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer installed mine low and left. Not ideal as I need to lean over a fair bit if I want to engage it manually. But I have only needed to do that when setting up the controller. My controller needs to be "level" and there was no place to do that on the dash board.

Rlbol

Reaction score
Thank you
I was hoping some one found a better location verses just bolting it the the lower panel below the steering!

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no need to mount on the LR with the Prodigy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA