2016 LR4 prices paid for lease

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nycbkk

Reaction score
I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help anyone can give. I'm looking for a 2016 LR4 HSE and have contacted dealers in the NY area. They are all telling me that they will only sell at MSRP as the vehicles are in high demand. There apparently is little room to negotiate on both purchases and leases. If I were to lease, the MF is very high at 0.00249. I understand that dealers are able to mark MF up by 0.001 so I was able to negotiate down to 0.00149. They are also willing to take me out of the last 3 months of my current lease. I'm being told the residual is 72% for a 33mo/7500 miles. The lease payment is about $750 with $4000 due at signing and the MSRP is appx $61k (the car is not in yet so I don't have the actual msrp). Running the numbers, this seems off. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal and if purchasing/leasing at MSRP (no discounts) is reasonable in this market? Maybe there are year end sales that I may be able to take advantage of ? Have others received similar offers for leases? Thanks again.

Last edited:

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In Northern California (Bay Area) purchase price is flat msrp for a new order, and up to a 5k premium if buying brand new off the lot.

In my search to order my LR4 I ran across no sales or local dealers who would sell below msrp for an order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nycbkk

Reaction score
Thank you. Seems the demand is strong and no one is willing to come off their prices.

LINYLR

Reaction score
I purchased on Long Island instead of leasing. I placed a purchase order last September and it was delivered January, 2015. The dealer would only do MSRP based on demand. We did feel that they gave us a higher value on our trade vs. BMW on an X5 deal. The dealer also threw in the all weather mats (made us feel a tiny bit better).

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not actively looking, but I regularly check local inventories and it seems to me that many of these LR4's are sitting on the lot for months on end, so "high demand" seems like a line to me. I think it is really more the fact that LR only sells about 7,000 LR4's a year in the US and the dealers need to money on them!

$750/mo lease seems to be a routine number for LR. When they run lease promos they are almost always $750 for the LR4 for 10,000 miles. Usually in the 3-4k down payement range. The advertized lease is always for the base HSE model with climate package (at least here in the NE). Add for extras on that trim or for a Lux.

Dealer demos are you best bet in getting some saving on a basically new LR4 (you can find 2015 demos now) and you will also get the extra length of the certified warranty to go with it.

Here is one in NJ:
42 month lease | 10,000 miles per year

Includes:

Climate Comfort Package
19" Alloy Wheels
Xenon Headlights
Cargo Cover & Rubber Mats

*Lease a previous Service Loaner - 2015 Land Rover LR4 HSE Plus for $579 per month for 42 months with $0 security deposit $3,995 cap cost plus sales tax, inception fees and a $795 bank fee due at inception. Lease based on 10,000 miles per year and tier one credit approval. Stock photos shown, lease price may not include some optional equipment in picture. See dealer for details. MSRP $58,486. Vin # SALAG2V64FA753633.

Last edited:

phil1ben

Reaction score
I bought in February and took delivery in Mid-May on a new 2015 LR4 HSE. I negotiated between two dealers in NJ and one in PA. Ended up buying from the PA dealer who took about 5% off MSRP which just about paid for the Extended Warranty. All the dealers first took the position that they would take nothing off but when they realized I was ready to purchase 5% came off. Better than nothing.

JotaDe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very interesting that they didn't enforce the "only sell to locals" policy.

aj22

Reaction score
Have you tried any of the buying services like truecar? I used Costco auto program when I bought my '14, and everyone was telling me it was MSRP or higher, but I bought off the lot for something like $2500 under, I don't recall exactly. Not sure what they do for leases.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you hear dealers can only pad the money factor by .001? I thought they could raise it as high as they can get away with. I would be happy to hear I'm wrong. Of course, the residual is set by the bank and can't be changed. Also, never put down cash at closing as your insurance would only pay off the lease in the unfortunate case of an accident, not the cap cost causing you to lose the down payment. I'm also wondering if you are comparing the lease to financing, as you are only getting 7500 miles a year and the financing rate should be much lower (at least it was when I bought in 2010 and 2013).

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and would appreciate any help anyone can give. I'm looking for a 2016 LR4 HSE and have contacted dealers in the NY area. ...... The lease payment is about $750 with $4000 due at signing and the MSRP is appx $61k (the car is not in yet so I don't have the actual msrp).

Why do you want the 16? It's not different from the 15 aside from a few useless apps you'd never miss or find that an ipad does better anyway.

You said "lease/purchase" as if it doesn't matter as long as it's a good deal. Loan rates are so low that it seems like only the few people who can make sense running a lease.

For example: $50k note @ 3.5% / 72 = $770/mo payment. That's taking a $60k msrp, discount for outgoing model, $4000 down payment. You start out never being behind it's resale value and no worries about GAP insurance waste of money.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV