Kaymar Bumper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

harbinger808

Reaction score
That Tactical 4x4 Rear bumper looks great dsm02c! I'm having mine installed this week here in Arizona by Sierra Expeditions. I hope mine fits snug like yours and not needing shims with a gap like dcorn's.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the bumper is great, if I ever get around to 3D printing a spacer to fit in the hole I will make them available to everybody so we can have parking sensors.

Yes, those are the 18" LR3 wheels, I took Scott Brady's method of using 1.25" spacers from BORA, they worked really well, I've beat on them and wheel the truck at least 2x a month, I swap wheels with the factory 19" and take the spacers off for DDing... I don't run a full time lift, use a IID Tool and rods.

I don't love the way the spacers make the truck look from behind while dirving an un-lifted truck, but then again I can't see it normally...
if you get a chance, could you take a picture from a distance behind or in front of the truck? I've been thinking about going with spacers, and have wondered if it would look silly. It looks totally fine from the angles in your post.
Thanks.

dcorn

Reaction score
Thanks, the bumper is great, if I ever get around to 3D printing a spacer to fit in the hole I will make them available to everybody so we can have parking sensors.

Actually, Eric has located black plugs that fit perfectly in the holes. He measured the sensor head and drilled holes the same size in the plugs. We installed these, along with some sealant, and the sensors work fine with just the bumper. I've not installed the tire carrier yet, so we'll see if this effects the sensors. Shoot him an email and I'm sure he would share his source.

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSM, can you post pics of the underside of the bumper? Is there a tie in to the frame on the outside sections?

dsm02c

Reaction score
Actually, Eric has located black plugs that fit perfectly in the holes. He measured the sensor head and drilled holes the same size in the plugs. We installed these, along with some sealant, and the sensors work fine with just the bumper. I've not installed the tire carrier yet, so we'll see if this effects the sensors. Shoot him an email and I'm sure he would share his source.

I have the plastic plugs that came in the bumper... I thought about that but the bumper was the last thing I installed and didn't want to take the time to do a good job of that...

Here is a photo of the bottom of the bumper under the muffler, it does not attach to the frame like the kaymar design.

I did have to bend the heat shields and trim the back of the wheel well liner to make it all look clean...

7JDhZeb.jpg

Last edited:

harbinger808

Reaction score
That Tactical 4x4 Rear bumper looks great dsm02c! I'm having mine installed this week here in Arizona by Sierra Expeditions. I hope mine fits snug like yours and not needing shims with a gap like dcorn's.

So this is my Disco4 with the bumper installed. I have the same issue as dcorn.

FullSizeRender-2 copy 2.jpg

FullSizeRender-3.jpg

FullSizeRender-2 copy.jpg

FullSizeRender-3 copy.jpg

FullSizeRender-4.jpg

dsm02c

Reaction score
Sorry man, that is a drag, what did Sierra say about fitment? I'm sure they probably tried like hell to get it level or close that gap. I am in a 2010 LR4, not sure what year you guys are in.

I installed mine on my garage floor with a floor jack following Eric's instructions...

I started the driver side nut without either washer to pull it tight then installed the passenger side with washers, brought it tight and then added washers to pasenger side...

Does the spare impact your parking sensors?

Also, that looks like your truck is ipanema sand like mine, can you post a side shot of it (want to see what it looks like with compo's on it)

Last edited:

harbinger808

Reaction score
Sorry man, that is a drag, what did Sierra say about fitment? I'm sure they probably tried like hell to get it level or close that gap. I am in a 2010 LR4, not sure what year you guys are in.

I installed mine on my garage floor with a floor jack following Eric's instructions...

I started the driver side nut without either washer to pull it tight then installed the passenger side with washers, brought it tight and then added washers to pasenger side...

Does the spare impact your parking sensors?

Also, that looks like your truck is ipanema sand like mine, can you post a side shot of it (want to see what it looks like with compo's on it)

Sierra Expeditions did the best they could with Eric's instructions also. It's off a bit but not as much as yours. I can deal with it for now until I can ask them to try and level it off more. I don't have tools or a large to work in.

The sensors go off once its in reverse so I just turn them off at the dash console. I'm ordering the GAP tool soon to permenantly disable them until someone figures out how to get them working properly :)

And yes, my Disco is in Ipanema Sand. I've ordered a ProspeedUK roof rack system for it a few weeks ago and just waiting for it to arrive and have it installed. I plan on having my vents and grill painted black, possibly my wheel arches also. And I'm looking into buying a Black Discovery 4 badge for my rear and Landrover for the bonnet. I'll post more pics of her when she's done.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    FullSizeRender-5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 92

dsm02c

Reaction score
About 2/3 of the way down a guy states that he simply covered the offending sensor with a piece of rubber from a bicycle inner tube patch kit and that quieted the system down while allowing him to use the other 3 sensors (the IID Tool will tell you which sensor). I have not tired this as I have been working on other parts of the truck that were more pressing, will post if somebody doesn't beat me to trying it.

http://www.**************/forum/topic94669.html

disco3 main address fits where the stars are

Last edited:

NASdiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is funny about that gap. I have the same issue on the Kaymar and no matter how much I shim I can't get it equal.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut